Jump to content

This board will be going into read-only mode in about a week. After that, no new posts will be allowed. See this post for more: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/7871-the-end-of-an-era-is-upon-us/

 

This board will be going into read-only mode in about a week. After that, no new posts will be allowed. See this post for more: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/7871-the-end-of-an-era-is-upon-us/

speedracer

The Drivers Edge Feb 5-6 2022

Recommended Posts

I'm signed up for it. Pretty excited, got coilovers on the Z over the winter. Just finished getting the ride height baselined. Still need to get the alignment checked this weekend. 

Link to post
15 hours ago, SikedSyko said:

I'm signed up for it. Pretty excited, got coilovers on the Z over the winter. Just finished getting the ride height baselined. Still need to get the alignment checked this weekend. 

That sounds exciting.   I hope my new radiator prevents the embarrassing stain on the concrete I had last time out. 

Link to post

Always a good weekend then!

 

My kids raced karts at GCKI..    son missed the checker at the end of the practice session and creamed my daughter as she was exiting the track.   the 5yr old chassis my son was driving barely got a scratch, but it completely taco'd the rear frame of daughter's 2021 chassis with only abut 10 races on it.  I "straightened" it at the track with some pipes and crescent wrenches and she went on to win both the races, but the frame will never be the same.   $1800 crunch

Link to post
22 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

Always a good weekend then!

 

My kids raced karts at GCKI..    son missed the checker at the end of the practice session and creamed my daughter as she was exiting the track.   the 5yr old chassis my son was driving barely got a scratch, but it completely taco'd the rear frame of daughter's 2021 chassis with only abut 10 races on it.  I "straightened" it at the track with some pipes and crescent wrenches and she went on to win both the races, but the frame will never be the same.   $1800 crunch

Ouch.  Well a good family story . 

Link to post

Had a really good weekend. ISC coilovers and a track focused alignment really helped dial the car in. Surprisingly managed to get the balance setup pretty well off the bat. The car was so much more confident through the high speed stuff. By the end of the weekend I was carrying ~8mph faster through carousel than before. 

Here's a clip from Saturday when I had a small moment before keyhole and then put in 2 >1second PB laps.

 

 

Link to post
19 hours ago, feetball said:

Took the 240sx out and had a blast (except for going off and getting stuck at bus stop)!

Been there. Next time, blow bus stop bad enough to jump over half the grass and your momentum will carry you back onto the track...minus your splitter of course. Surprised Cliffy B didnt show you that trick 😎🤙

Link to post

I got the RX7 high centered on the bus stop curbing once.  was leading my class until that happened.  another driver who wasn't in my class did a low-chance pass on the inside of that turn and caused me to spin in the marbles, then I high centered on the curb..  lost the lead since I was stuck there for 2 laps until the tow truck pulled me off and I was able to get going again.   urgh.  

had a few words with that driver since the pass was completely unnecessary- neither of us were near anyone in our respective classes, so they could have just waited for a better place to make a pass.

Link to post
21 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Been there. Next time, blow bus stop bad enough to jump over half the grass and your momentum will carry you back onto the track...minus your splitter of course. Surprised Cliffy B didnt show you that trick 😎🤙

Yeah, it didn’t help that it was on my Yellow check ride.  

Got into my head and I stupidly changed up air pressure in the fronts before going out and it upset the car.

Blue solo’d on first session Sunday and all my other sessions were awesome!  Even got Cliffy B to ride with me for a session!

Cannot explain how awesome it is to have my little bro riding as my instructor!

Link to post
50 minutes ago, feetball said:

Yeah, it didn’t help that it was on my Yellow check ride.  

Got into my head and I stupidly changed up air pressure in the fronts before going out and it upset the car.

Blue solo’d on first session Sunday and all my other sessions were awesome!  Even got Cliffy B to ride with me for a session!

Cannot explain how awesome it is to have my little bro riding as my instructor!

Sooooo.. What kinda times did you run in your 240?  Best I ran while the car was N/A was a 1.47.0

(The current owner has turbo'd the KA, but he's still running mid 1:5X and complaining it needs more speed to keep up with others in the class 😉 )

Link to post
1 hour ago, Matt93SE said:

Sooooo.. What kinda times did you run in your 240?  Best I ran while the car was N/A was a 1.47.0

(The current owner has turbo'd the KA, but he's still running mid 1:5X and complaining it needs more speed to keep up with others in the class 😉 )

Wow!  That's over 11 seconds off my PB!  I have a lot of work to do.

1:58.45 was my PB, which was my last clean lap of the weekend due to fuel starvation (it was just below 1/2 tank) in the carousel.   Definitely need to grow some for turn 3, the sweeper and gut check as well as clean up my line in the carousel.   Cliffy B says I was overdriving when he rode with me so I'll be working on that as well.

Need to upgrade my 7-year old KYB AGX dampers on GC coilover sleeves and thinking I'll replace the aftermarket rear swaybar with the stock one.

Link to post

My car had some KTS coilovers ($1200 JDM-spec y0!) with some RUCAs to get camber in spec.   Suspension Techniques (now just called ST I think) front sway bar, no rear bar.  otherwise I didn't do much to the suspension.   Wing and splitter made ~3 sec worth of difference at MSR though.

17x8 wheels running either BFG R1 or Hoosier R7.  The car felt better on Hoosiers, but was faster on BFGs.  the BFG had a little less lateral grip and felt squirrely, BUT the car was faster cause it wasn't so bound up in the turns.   The Hoosiers had so much extra grip that the whole car would bind and slow down in the turns, no matter how much speed I carried thru.

Fuel starve is an issue on the S13, but my S14 chassis could run the tank nearly bone dry without starving.   If you are having fuel starve issues, then either look into a surge tank or work on baffling in your tank. The factory little sump valves also have a tendency to break loose in the tank and cause fuel to starve.  Also, even just loading the tank with some fuel cell foam will make a difference.  buy a block of fuel foam and cut a hole in the center for the factory sump, then smash the foam around the sump and it will help to reduce fuel sloshing away from the pickup and won't affect your fuel gauge flappy thing..

Link to post
On 2/10/2022 at 7:43 AM, feetball said:

Yeah, it didn’t help that it was on my Yellow check ride.  

Got into my head and I stupidly changed up air pressure in the fronts before going out and it upset the car.

Blue solo’d on first session Sunday and all my other sessions were awesome!  Even got Cliffy B to ride with me for a session!

Cannot explain how awesome it is to have my little bro riding as my instructor!

Doesn't hurt at all that the man can straight up wheel a car either 🙂

(Joe's secret strategy is to feed his ego until his head's so big it clouds his vision and I can get past him 😜 )

Link to post
11 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

What's Facebook? 

It's a place where people post pictures of their pets, food, and whatever they think is important in their lives or makes them look more fortunate than their neighbors.   I mostly go on there to laugh at the dregs of society, poke the political hot buttons, and prowl for pictures of attractive females.

Link to post
On 2/20/2022 at 8:17 PM, lavatoad said:

I had a great time out there. Signed up for March too.

I recognize some of the cars in this thread... I was in the clapped out e36 m3 with the EYESOR plate.

Hey Hey ! The Primer / White one?  Clapped out translates to "not at all afraid to send on track" to this crowd 😉 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...