texevora

FS: BRAND NEW AIM Smartycam HD 2.1 w/ 84deg FOV, upgraded integrated mic 4m CANBUS cable

$900 firm - BRAND NEW Smartycam HD 2.1 w/ 84 degree FOV lens, and 4m CANbus cable with integrated external mic (not the cheaper non-mic cable that it normally comes with).

The Smartycam unit was sent as a warranty replacement so has never been used (other than power-on check to make sure everything was working), and still has the temporary plastic protective lens/screen covers from the factory. Selling because I just switched to an MXP datalogger/Smartycam bullet-cam setup and no longer need. Local pickup preferred in DFW area or at MSR Cresson, but will ship within continental US at buyer's cost. Compare to $1000 purchasing new elsewhere.

IMG_1469.jpg

Ummm, just a question..  does the new firmware in the MXP allow recording from the camera?   when I bought mine ~1yr ago, the camera input was only for a reverse cam that shut off when you were in gear, but it didn't record.

so just asking. 🙂

There is both automatic mode that is programmable to certain triggers like rpm and speed (obviously needs to be hooked up to CAN for that), as well as manual mode where you hit record and stop with the buttons. 

22 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

Ummm, just a question..  does the new firmware in the MXP allow recording from the camera?   when I bought mine ~1yr ago, the camera input was only for a reverse cam that shut off when you were in gear, but it didn't record.

so just asking. 🙂

Whoops i misunderstood your question. But answer is the same, yes. There is a separate reverse camera non-recording input on the MXP dash/logger, but also an EXP (CAN Expansion) input which connects to a Smartycam for regular front-facing recording with data overlays. Using AIM's CAN hubs, you can daisychain several CANbus devices off the EXP input if you wanted (my setup is pretty simple so don't need expansion hubs).

oh NVM..   My bad.  I just read your description wrong.  I was *assuming* your MXP / bullet cam setup was using the internal memory in the MCP to store video data and just the bullet cam itself..  I missed the part about it being a smartycam bullet cam, which has its own external processor/memory and then connects to the AIM for data input, power, and control.

Sorry bout that.

I'm using an MXP and a 'normal' smartycam just like you have pictured and it works great.  I wish I had the 81deg wider lens (Hint:  64deg lens is great for karting and a view out of the windshield, but not so great for seeing hands and feet in the car- you'll want the wide lens for that!)  unfortunately I'm not ready to buy another one- I've been spending money like a sailor on shore leave this season!