Dukester513

Group Buy Opportunity - MSRH Killer Deal

Hey guys, I have been working on a way to get a membership and MSRH. However the initiation is crazy high. After speaking with the sales manager. He said if we can get 6 people he will give us a screaming deal like more than 50% off. If you or any of your track day junkie friends wanna join in. Please text me directly at 562-200-8300, my name is Austin. 

Hey there, the sales managers said he was more than happy to give quotes and answer any questions we have. 

we now have. Three total if both guys here are serious. We just need three more!!! Can you spread the word. 

22 hours ago, bigjae1976 said:

Interested. Does anyone know if any garages are available and what is the monthly cost?

I spoke to Kurt, garages are currently full. however: A small 12.5 Wide / 30 ft Deep - $400/M | Medium garages are double that size and go for $800 | Large are $1600 four times the size of the small. He mentioned that members will share to help their cost and or they have a short wait list right now with typically 5-10 garages turning over yearly. 

So what's the quoted membership costs with this deal?  curious what it looks like now.   I live a whopping 10 min from the track, but only get there about 3x a year. 😕

Just now, Matt93SE said:

So what's the quoted membership costs with this deal?  curious what it looks like now.   I live a whopping 10 min from the track, but only get there about 3x a year. 😕

So currently it is $5,000 down and $275 monthly. This gets you basically 5 days a week track guaranteed. Weekends are bit of a different story. It is in the service agreement that you will get 45 weekend track days per year. After discussing with Kurt, we can get the cost of membership down to $2000 plus monthly dues. This would help significantly for folks like me that are not rich, but have a serious love for riding/driving.

If you are interested please text/call me 562-200-8300. I am looking to move near their if I can. You are lucky to be that close!

Thanks for the info on costing.  That's not bad given what you get.  don't know if I'm ready to stomach it tho because I'm already member at a kart track out in katy and spend most of my free time there with the kids.  (hey.. another addiction for you..   you should pick up karting or mini bikes out there!)

Regarding living areas, depending on where you work in town (if you even have to go to an office anymore, ha!), Pearland, Manvel, and Rosharon are decent places to look for houses and are 30-45 min from downtown Houston, Galleria, or Westchase.   Prices are lower here than other places in Houston, and it's still currently less congested.  more Dollar Generals than anything else out here, so that tells you where we are compared to rest of civilization.

I'm in Savannah Plantation in Rosharon, which is on the east edge of Rosharon itself; part of the neighborhood has been annexed into Alvin.  1.5-5 acre lots and 2000-4500sq ft houses.  There are still a few empty lots in the 'hood and several houses for sale starting around 350k and up from there.  (I'm in the cheap houses up front. 😉 )

If you go west a bit into "old Rosharon" near the prisons and whatnot, take a look at Suncreek Estates.   newer neighborhood with some smaller lots on one end to >5ac lots on the far west end of the subd.

Grand Parkway will be coming through a couple miles away in the next 5-10 yrs as well, so you'll be able to get to Sugarland and whatnot more quickly-- just expect to pay a LOT to get anywhere.

45 weekend track days a year... but I am 99% sure that includes Fridays. Not trying to discourage anyone, but look seriously at your calendar and theirs and be realistic about whether you will be able to really make use of the available track time. I'm a member, but I'm not really sure it's worth it for me at this point.

Yes that does. I was concerned about the same thing. For me I can rarely get off weekdays. Kurt mentioned 30% of the year is open for Saturday’s and Sunday’s. Plus they have a lot of events that don’t use the actual track like the drivers course. Other events are sometimes a half day also. 

I see it as this:

102 weekend days In the year 30% of that is roughly 33 days per year I can ride on the weekend not including weekdays/holidays that they are open and there isn’t work. A regular track day for me at the cheapest rate is $170. That would be $5600 a year. If I have a membership it’s 3300 a year and I know I am gonna squeeze in more than 35 days a year. 

So I see it as saving 2300, but that’s me. I wish the facility was like Cresson but reality is that is four hours away and $3500 down. At the rate of travel I wouldn’t make it 20 days a year. . . 

I just itching to ride and willing to put up with the dumb fact they rent out the track to much. 

4 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

Thanks for the info on costing.  That's not bad given what you get.  don't know if I'm ready to stomach it tho because I'm already member at a kart track out in katy and spend most of my free time there with the kids.  (hey.. another addiction for you..   you should pick up karting or mini bikes out there!)

Regarding living areas, depending on where you work in town (if you even have to go to an office anymore, ha!), Pearland, Manvel, and Rosharon are decent places to look for houses and are 30-45 min from downtown Houston, Galleria, or Westchase.   Prices are lower here than other places in Houston, and it's still currently less congested.  more Dollar Generals than anything else out here, so that tells you where we are compared to rest of civilization.

I'm in Savannah Plantation in Rosharon, which is on the east edge of Rosharon itself; part of the neighborhood has been annexed into Alvin.  1.5-5 acre lots and 2000-4500sq ft houses.  There are still a few empty lots in the 'hood and several houses for sale starting around 350k and up from there.  (I'm in the cheap houses up front. 😉 )

If you go west a bit into "old Rosharon" near the prisons and whatnot, take a look at Suncreek Estates.   newer neighborhood with some smaller lots on one end to >5ac lots on the far west end of the subd.

Grand Parkway will be coming through a couple miles away in the next 5-10 yrs as well, so you'll be able to get to Sugarland and whatnot more quickly-- just expect to pay a LOT to get anywhere.

Awesome write up, thank you for taking the time. I am looking to get some land so that may be right where I look. You should come to the dark side and jump in on this group buy, if not I get it! 😉

47 minutes ago, robertcope said:

45 weekend track days a year... but I am 99% sure that includes Fridays. Not trying to discourage anyone, but look seriously at your calendar and theirs and be realistic about whether you will be able to really make use of the available track time. I'm a member, but I'm not really sure it's worth it for me at this point.

Also I am assuming that you know you can freeze your membership once a year for as long as you want. 

One more dumb question - who does MSR Houston have reciprocity with?

I guess my expectation is I drive to the track, pull my car out of my garage and drive on track. At times, I can visit other tracks in TX at a time of my choosing with the exception of COTA.

That really is the attraction of becoming an MSRH member to me.

For a while, Harris Hill mentioned they would reciprocate, but I don't know how that worked in reality since I don't think MSRH did vice-versa.

it would sure be nice if all the membership tracks would play nice, but then everyone would just buy the cheapest and use the closest... 

So I spoke with Kurt about reciprocity. He stated that you have to go through him, he talks to either Harris hill or cresson and you pay the day fee. He said they may limit how many times a year you can but it’s up to them. Houston limits theirs to 4 a year per person. 

6 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

For a while, Harris Hill mentioned they would reciprocate, but I don't know how that worked in reality since I don't think MSRH did vice-versa.

it would sure be nice if all the membership tracks would play nice, but then everyone would just buy the cheapest and use the closest... 

after speaking with Kurt they do practice reciprocity. 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:19 PM, Dukester513 said:

Also I am assuming that you know you can freeze your membership once a year for as long as you want. 

Yup, that is one nice feature they offer, for sure. I suspended my membership this year, in fact, while I was unemployed.

Also keep in mind a lot of those weekend days are made up of summer months, when nobody wants to rent the track or be at the track.

I know, I'm being pretty negative.

Spending $800/mo for membership and a garage to drive at MSRH over and over doesn't really seem worth it. The biggest reason is...where is the track headed? Seems like it's the next TWS except there will be a much smaller fight to keep it open. The track needs attention. The paddock is a whole other level of needing attention. The staff do their best but it seems like the place is being run into the ground because management or whatever group owns the place doesn't care.

Renting a garage is up to you it’s only $275 a month. You realize you don’t have to make your negative comments here. The Ol, don’t have nothing nice to say applies a lot of the time. If you don’t want it, that’s fine. But the world could do without so much negativity. 

I find the negatives to be positives and what allows the membership to be reasonably priced.  The really nice country club tracks are like $20-40k so I'm fine with our ghetto track and its ghetto pricing.  I love being able to go out spur of the moment on a Friday, run 3 or 4 sessions, grab lunch, and be home with the entire afternoon still open to catch up on work or do other stuff.  But everyone's situation is different.