EricH

Do we need a section for a new track?

I received this today:

"g2motorsportspark.com Just north of Dallas On 180 acres. All funding is in place — all city approvals In place -engineering being completed by Kimley Horn. Looks like this time next year we will be on track. - it’s taken a while but it’s come to fruition - anyone interested in early sign-ups can contact me direct at 214-679-8907.
Track was designed originally by German Formula One engineering firm, Herman Tilke then completed by Bob Barnard, Motorsports services. This will be a first class Motorsports facility
thanks  Lou Gigliotti
"

Looks pretty affordable:  Executive Membership $40,000 one time fee. 10% discount of membership fee and  50% off year 1 dues if paid prior to asphalt start.  Transferable (25% fee). Dues at $425 monthly dues.

Well, hopefully one day they have events for non-members.   ?

Affordable compared to what? LOL...Local tracks have a much more affordable initiation / membership fee...along with a lower monthly...and they are existing. I seriously do wish LG well on it though. We were talking at Sebring last year, he said he had $12M in funding from the SBA...and that the SBA gave a completed evaluation of ~$27M...

More tracks are *always* better!

Yeah I was joking about being affordable.  It is why I hope they offer non-member days.   I have heard that this place was going to get started a few times, the email now seems to say funding is in place and dirt will move.  Either way more tracks the better in my opinion!