TrackJunkies.Org

Texas Region SCCA Time Trial and Trackday (4/17) on the 1.7CW

Time Trials Event #1 is scheduled at Cresson, and their track has been repaved! Come out and be some of the first to run on this new pavement. It should be smooth as butter!!!

What: Texas Region Time Trial
When: Saturday, April 17th
Where: Motorsports Ranch Cresson, 1.7mi CW configuration

Registration Link:

Our Novice group (NG) is for people who have not been signed off to solo from SCCA or another group. This will have some classroom training on track racing along with learning about flagging. There will also be track time with lead follow so you can learn the track line. The goal is to be signed off to solo and work on your SCCA Time Trial license or join the Enthusiast group to just get out on track and have fun.

We have added the Enthusiast group (EG) for those who want to get their car out on the track and have some fun, but not interested in a timed competition or just want to get some more seat time before doing timed competition. You must be signed off to solo with SCCA or another group to run in this group.

If you have been signed off to solo you can sign up for the Time Trial group (TT). This is a timed competition that ranks you in your class based on your fastest lap of the day. The classes are based on the SCCA autocross and grouped together with similar HP cars.

Please choose the correct element during the registration process.

Registration closes Wednesday, April 14th at 11:59PM!

Have questions? Please feel free to contact our registrar via the event page or myself ([email protected]) if you need any assistance.

Thank you for reading and hopefully we will see you at the track!

Sherrie Ledbetter
Texas Region Time Trials

New drivers can sign up for instruction with the "Novice group", if you just want to get some track time in you can sign up for the "enthusiast group", and if you want to compete in the Time Trials there is a Time Trial group (we'll split it into fast and faster groups to keep traffic to a minimum). The events are usually a great time and we'd love to add more people to our group of 'regulars'.

If you have a race/TT license, are an instructor with any of the local groups, or solo'ed with any of the local groups you can sign up for any of the groups. If you don't have any history with the local groups (SCCA, PCA, BMWCCA, APEX, TDE, or ECR), you'll have to email the CDI for approval (that's me). I can also help with classing if you've got problems, issues, or questions.

37 minutes ago, rickyboycz said:

I was thinking about signing up for the enthusiast group.  How many sessions do you get?  Thanks

4 for sure, there's a chance at a 5th but it depends on how many groups we end up running and if there are any major delays.

59 minutes ago, rickyboycz said:

Just signed up... see you all at the track.

Great, schedule has 5 sessions for all the groups, there might be a non-competition combined group towards the end of the day for a possible 6th session if the day goes smoothly and people are still looking for more track time.

5 hours ago, rickyboycz said:

Had a good time...  the event went well and really liked sharing the track with just a small handful of folks in the 'Enthusiast Group'.  ?  Did set my PB too...so that's always nice.

Congrats! I ended up running in the Enthusiast group for half the morning sessions due to overlaps between the novice classroom sessions and the "Green TT" group that the rest of my class was running. I only got you on video just before your off in session 2, I was looking forward to trying to chase you down:

Our next local event isn't until June at ECR on their 1.65CCW course, there's a SCCA National TT at ECR on May 22-23. The National events run a different rule set and aren't quite as well run as our local events, but most of the local competitors are planning to attend (we cleaned up last year and plan to do the same this year).

On 4/19/2021 at 8:16 PM, BRZ4Science said:

Congrats! I ended up running in the Enthusiast group for half the morning sessions due to overlaps between the novice classroom sessions and the "Green TT" group that the rest of my class was running. I only got you on video just before your off in session 2, I was looking forward to trying to chase you down:

Our next local event isn't until June at ECR on their 1.65CCW course, there's a SCCA National TT at ECR on May 22-23. The National events run a different rule set and aren't quite as well run as our local events, but most of the local competitors are planning to attend (we cleaned up last year and plan to do the same this year).

woah. Cayman re-entry was pretty sketch. Not much you can do until the scrub slows you down enough to be able to maneuver (brake, or tighten up). Always enjoy your comparisons. Most of the time, I get it. e.g. slightly different line for the different hp/handling ratio. But sometimes I see "I should try that" variations.  

Hopefully the reworked repave will sort out the new surface.