Sign in to follow this  
BobKid

PCA on the 1.7 - 2/20/21

Single day this time and only the 1.7, but thinking we might use this as a warmup for Edge Addicts on the 3.1 the following Monday.  Registration is starting slow, so might be pretty small run groups, or maybe combined White/Red groups for more track time.

Anyone planning to be there?

4 hours ago, El_Tortuga said:

Passing on this one.

I'm hoping to use this as my suspension tuning day if my MCS order arrives and is installed by then. 

@BobKid I haven't been to any pca events. How onerous is their process for getting into their system?

6 hours ago, jazztrip said:

@BobKid I haven't been to any pca events. How onerous is their process for getting into their system?

Heck, they let me in, how tough can it be?

Realistically, I don’t think it’s too bad if you can show a record with other groups. Start by entering yourself into clubreg system and the website lets you upload an experience summary. Plus many of the instructors will be familiar from other groups you’ve probably run with, so they can validate your claims. And when I checked the other day, there were only a handful of advanced people signed up, so I kind of expect they may end up combining the adv and instructor run groups again for extra track time.

Yep.   However, don't expect to be put in the faster run groups right when you get there.  PCA is pretty stringent on their vetting requirements and their progression through the system.  They'll usually start people in green or maaaybe blue and an instructor-- their system is structured and has specific skill/achievement boxes to check before you can move up.   A skilled driver with experience in other orgs should progress quickly, but don't expect to just be put in a higher group because "I've been here with xxx and yyy club 17 times and Bob and vouch for me".  (they've heard it all and seen it all!)  And with PCA, they're not simply putting a random Joe Bigmouth on the track with a bunch of cheap Japanese shitboxes, so the financial risk is a bit higher than your average track day.  $million + worth of machinery on track just about every session, so they vet their customer base a little more than others. 🙂

So, Matt...you're saying our chances of running with PCA are slim to none, right? LOL!!

Thanks all for the info re: PCA.  I just signed up for TDE at Cresson in early Feb so I'll pass on this event.  I'll find another time to get into the PCA system.  @BobKid I'll also be at Cresson with Edge Addicts on the Monday deal so perhaps I'll see you there.