Jotun

Bye NC, Hello CTR...and Hello Trackjunkies

Hello everybody! I recently moved back to Texas after being away for 10+ years.  Had my first track day at Harris Hill recently in the new project and can’t wait to get out to COTA. 

I am definitely missing the NC but the CTR is helping me cope with the loss. I can’t wait to really get this thing sorted out for next spring. 

So far I have a few small mods to wake it up for track use. 

K-Tuned springs

Volk CE28SL CRII

Advan A052's

HKS Legamax cat back exhaust

Camber mods F/R

SS Braided Lines and Motul 660 (installed before next track day)

Cooling mods and maybe small aero stuff to come...

A0B92663-D046-4C43-ADC9-AD0279AED6BA.jpeg

4EB7E010-C2A6-4955-858B-C529576BA04E.jpeg

57E10EF4-9F5E-4DE7-85C0-927E66DB82A8.jpeg

On 12/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, hornetball said:

Nice.  I've really been thinking about adding an ND.  Is that an "ND2" (2019+)?

It is. 2020 Club. Definitely more like the NA in terms of size and feel. I still miss the NC though.

On 12/4/2020 at 7:58 AM, Hollywood said:

they just make too much sense ?

Indeed. I love my Type R but my wife and I were missing a Miata.  6 months without Miata was 6 months too long.

16 hours ago, Jotun said:

It is. 2020 Club. Definitely more like the NA in terms of size and feel. I still miss the NC though.

Indeed. I love my Type R but my wife and I were missing a Miata.  6 months without Miata was 6 months too long.

We have similar taste ? Sold our NC about a year ago to a TJ, recently sold the Type R as well. If you’re interested in a set of Titan7s in black or Ktuner, shoot me a DM. 

On 12/6/2020 at 11:42 AM, Hollywood said:

We have similar taste ? Sold our NC about a year ago to a TJ, recently sold the Type R as well. If you’re interested in a set of Titan7s in black or Ktuner, shoot me a DM. 

Indeed, Very similar. 

I want a tuner down the road but I am staying stock power with just drop in filter and cat back to keep the cooling issue at bay. Once I do ALL the cooling mods, I'm sure power will come after. An extra set of wheels/tires isnt a bad idea. Which model are they and size?

2 hours ago, Jotun said:

Indeed, Very similar. 

I want a tuner down the road but I am staying stock power with just drop in filter and cat back to keep the cooling issue at bay. Once I do ALL the cooling mods, I'm sure power will come after. An extra set of wheels/tires isnt a bad idea. Which model are they and size?

FWIW, I will say even the base tune does wonders to the stock map in terms of throttle response. When I flashed back to stock before selling, it was hard to believe how different the car was stock. I only used the tunes for street, never for the track given the cooling limitations.

T-S5 19x9.5 with center caps

DB7F88A4-CE4C-4CC9-A7E7-FD004586B890.jpeg.c512419d8ff98f338d55687edcc9fb49.thumb.jpeg.3a5625f7d784ff9e5b953c30e95b13f2.jpeg