Sign in to follow this  
lonestarrpm

QuickJack at the track with Spec Boxster?

Question on QuickJacks.
Can you fit a quick jack under a SPB without having to jack the car up? (kind of defeats the purpose)
Does anyone drag one to the track with them? How heavy are they to manipulate?
I have a 2 kWatt inverter on my trailer solar system, so I have remote power.
We can probably get away with a 3500, but for most of my other vehicles -- a 5000 would be more practical.

I would think it's not a problem if you feel like adding a few sections of 2x12 to the pile of stuff.  you can roll up on them to raise the car 1.5" and then just slide them out of the way afterward.

I bought a QJ a few years back...thinking it would be great to lug to the track...after getting it, setting it up and using it, I liked it...but thought it was a bit much for me personally to bring to the track...it's pretty solid / heavy. Now, if you've got a team / crew...sure thing! We always have a floor jack and jack stands - those have served our needs very well so far. So...a buddy of mine wanted a QJ...I made him a deal...his gain, my loss of a few bucks but it all worked out in the end.

I love my QJ, I have the 5000-SLX.  My Corvette is parked on top of them right now so can't get a measurement but I have about 3" from the ground and it slides underneath easily.  The jacks are pretty heavy and you also have the power unit and a couple hydraulic hoses to drag around.  Like the Captain said, not sure I'd want to travel with it.  I think Home Depot and some other stores stock them now so I'd suggest checking it out in person and see if the size and weight is a deal breaker.