Sign in to follow this  
Captain Buddha

Trans Am & SVRA @ COTA this weekend! Nov. 6-8, 2020

Running Trans Am at COTA November 6-8, yee haw!!! I'll be in the #13 #ManufacturingNews #TRBAutosport TA2 Camaro. There will be a LOT of racing and amazing cars from new 850 HP TA cars all the way to vintage cars that your grandfather would've (and maybe did?) raced!! This event is OPEN to spectators!!

Matt - truth!!! SCCA @ ECR this weekend and Trans Am at COTA...I've had the Trans Am race on the schedule since last year...crazy that they are on the same date...would love to represent and kick butt at my home track...oh well....

Oh - guess who's racing in TA2 with us? Paul Tracy, aka Chrome Horn, should be FUN!!

11 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Matt - truth!!! SCCA @ ECR this weekend and Trans Am at COTA...I've had the Trans Am race on the schedule since last year...crazy that they are on the same date...would love to represent and kick butt at my home track...oh well....

Oh - guess who's racing in TA2 with us? Paul Tracy, aka Chrome Horn, should be FUN!!

Just stay behind him and let him clear the path for you.

I'm happy to get back to ECR after several years, but certainly wish Dale was here!

Good sign so far is 8 entries in my class, so I'll have someone to play with..

Yep LOL!!!

So...Country Dale is there...but the new owner is coming down Thanksgiving weekend...I took it out and tested / verified the car was 100% last Friday...OMG!! Burning rubber out of pit lane, every corner, through 1st, 2nd and 3rd!! Hit 136 MPH on the back straight without even optimizing the previous corner!! SOB!! Wheeeeeee!! BTW - the new owner is a Spec Piñata driver...he knows what he's in for....!

The Trans Am TA2 race starts at the 3'22" mark...pre-race commentary / grid feature is a few minutes prior to that. Fun / crazy times!! Yee haw!!

I also got some pre-race / grid airtime too.

So, FOUR FCYs...and it ended under yellow...crazy stuff!