Jump to content
robertcope

Chin @ ECR - November 14-15, 2020

Recommended Posts

I'll be there! Because, well, I almost live there LOL!!

What vehicle will you be in?

Yes, you are going to LOVE the track! The elevation changes, the new layout, the surface, the facilities, etc! I'll be running out of the shop (Concierge) up the hill, past the garages. Will be in the #13 TA2 Camaro.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Captain Buddha said:

I'll be there! Because, well, I almost live there LOL!!

What vehicle will you be in?

Yes, you are going to LOVE the track! The elevation changes, the new layout, the surface, the facilities, etc! I'll be running out of the shop (Concierge) up the hill, past the garages. Will be in the #13 TA2 Camaro.

Nice, can't wait to meet you!

I will most likely be in the Lexus.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, robertcope said:

Nice, can't wait to meet you!

I will most likely be in the Lexus.

Likewise! Cool deal, I'll look for you. For logistics: the nicest hotel in Decatur is the Hampton Inn, plenty of dining options in Decatur too. I'm planning on bringing lunch with me as it doesn't look like lunch will be available on site - at least there is no mention of it that I see...you can run to either Sanger or Decatur for lunch, but it's a bit far for lunch with track time at a premium. Possible the track will fire up the grill and sell burgers, dogs, etc. I will check with the track management and get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post

Just talked to Flack (track mgr), looks like he's got a BBQ food truck coming out, they will make things easier on everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Likewise! Cool deal, I'll look for you. For logistics: the nicest hotel in Decatur is the Hampton Inn, plenty of dining options in Decatur too. I'm planning on bringing lunch with me as it doesn't look like lunch will be available on site - at least there is no mention of it that I see...you can run to either Sanger or Decatur for lunch, but it's a bit far for lunch with track time at a premium. Possible the track will fire up the grill and sell burgers, dogs, etc. I will check with the track management and get back to you.

 

2 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Just talked to Flack (track mgr), looks like he's got a BBQ food truck coming out, they will make things easier on everyone!

 

Excellent. I usually bring everything I need for the day with me, but a BBQ truck will make that easier. I'll be staying at Best Western in Decatur; I tend to stay at BW when it's an option, no real idea why, but usually a good experience and I have rewards with them.

I'm just hoping that we can drop off early on Friday and get registered and inspected.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, drop off "officially" starts at 4 pm...but the track is open ALL day as its a members' day. Reg/tech is from 4-6 pm on the front ground-level patio of the clubhouse.

Best Western's in Europe are REALLY nice hotels, even a Holiday Inn in Europe is REALLY nice. Crazy!

Share this post


Link to post

Robert - I don't think I saw you or your car out there, did some looking around for ya!

Had a blast out there! Ended up just running Saturday. The Happy Hour was EPIC! I think I was the only one (may have been another) that ran the full hour...27 laps...car was strong the whole way! After that, I flopped out of the car...I was BEAT!! It was hot and I was whipped! So glad we put the hydration system in...having the wifey give the "minutes left" countdown helped too...it was good to be in the car that long though...prepping for COTA Trans Am in November.

Share this post


Link to post

Planning to make it up for the SCCA race Nov 7 weekend.  gonna have to watch lots of video.  haven't been there in almost 5 years!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Matt - it has CHANGED! And for the better!

As we discussed, same weekend as Trans Am...so, that's where I'm going...already committed to that long before this ECR SCCA date came out...really sucks though...same sanctioning organization...I really wanted to race there and kick some tail in GT2! Oh well, next time...

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah no worries.  this year's race schedule is all kinds of jacked up because COVID took months of our lives away and now everyone trying to fit it all in the rest of the year.   With the kids in karting, SCCA, vintage, and trying to work some pro races, I could clone myself and still wouldn't make them all.

But I've only run 2-3 races a year the last few years because of the kids and whatnot.  it's time to put my butt back in the seat so I not so rusty!

Share this post


Link to post

For those coming from out of town (or not), you can do Chin 2.7 CCW ECR 11/14 & 11/15 then head to Cresson that Monday 11/16 for Edge Addicts 3.1.  Get the best of both great tracks / configurations and HPDE providers!

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Robert - I don't think I saw you or your car out there, did some looking around for ya!

 

LOL at myself!! Robert - I just now, as in right now, realized that this thread was for NOVEMBER...not the Chin ECR event this past weekend...LOL...so, the info I gave you about food trucks, etc...well, that applied to last weekend...LOL!! I might make the November Chin ECR event...it's the weekend after I'm running Trans Am at COTA...so, gotta see how that all goes...

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, robertcope said:

Hah, well, I hope you survive the Trans Am weekend and can make it out!

Me too!!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...