Sign in to follow this  
RUQWIKR

1.3 Clockwise & maybe the 3.1 CW

For Members yesterday, Jack ran the 1.3 Clockwise for the first time supposedly.  Ran a few sessions.  I was out there with my sons.  Quite the experience going over Leap of Faith the other way, down fast to the downhill short brake zone for the now right hand hairpin.  Toilet Bowl was interesting, too.  Heard he might even try the 3.1 CW.  I assume this is to counter ECR running its three configurations both directions.

Not me, but, still good video for reference:  

20 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Nice.

So...observation....driving/fire suit...no gloves...fail!

His hands will burn up, and maybe his feet, too, if no good shoes on, but, at least he can keep his helmet on getting out the window.  You can't fit a helmet through the window opening on my Gen 6 Camaro.

Looks like they removed the flagger station at the hairpin.  I did a track walk one night with TDE a few years back and remember standing at the bottom of the hairpin looking up thinking that flagger station is in a mighty dangerous position for going CW which is why I figured they never really did it.  Otherwise I'm not sure how I feel about running the whole 3.1 clockwise but leaning towards CCW being better.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, Pete said:

Looks like they removed the flagger station at the hairpin.  I did a track walk one night with TDE a few years back and remember standing at the bottom of the hairpin looking up thinking that flagger station is in a mighty dangerous position for going CW which is why I figured they never really did it.  Otherwise I'm not sure how I feel about running the whole 3.1 clockwise but leaning towards CCW being better.

Just think of how fast you'll be going CW making the transition downhill from 1.7 back to 1.3. Your brakes better bite going into turn #10 or you're over the hill damn quick.