Sign in to follow this  
Thundermoose

Barber Sound Limits

22 hours ago, Thundermoose said:

Does Barber have sound limits?  If so, how strict are they in enforcing?

No but they do have quiet time (I recall it being an hour or two hours) on sunday. Not being sarcastic - it was odd when endurance racing there ...

I do not recall quiet time at Barber.  There is one at Road Atlanta though.

I've never had an issue with the sound at Barber.  Mine requires silencers at NCM (I run right at 104-105) so say the NCM sound trolls.  However; no issues at Barber running with Chin and Rezoom.  And...there were louder cars than mine always out there when I've attended.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:06 AM, Max said:

I've never had an issue with the sound at Barber.  Mine requires silencers at NCM (I run right at 104-105) so say the NCM sound trolls.  However; no issues at Barber running with Chin and Rezoom.  And...there were louder cars than mine always out there when I've attended.

thanks

On 7/13/2020 at 3:54 PM, Hollywood said:

No but they do have quiet time (I recall it being an hour or two hours) on sunday. Not being sarcastic - it was odd when endurance racing there ...

Looking at google maps, there look to be several churches surrounding the track facility, and it is in the middle of the bible belt..  I assume that's why Sunday has quiet hour(s)?

1 hour ago, Matt93SE said:

Looking at google maps, there look to be several churches surrounding the track facility, and it is in the middle of the bible belt..  I assume that's why Sunday has quiet hour(s)?

I don't know man I just work here

My dang car (and many others) were not required to observe Sunday quiet hours I assure you- My car is noisy and likes to show it...  Cars were firing up as earlier as 7:30 and possibly earlier.  I have not seen any sound enforcers, and sound limitations have not been discussed during the driver meetings I have attended- and I usually listen sometimes.

See the source image

Hmmm..maybe that is why the Chin lunch was from 11-12  😂  

However; sound has not been mentioned (Chin or Rezoom) and I've never heard anyone complaining about it at Barber.  At NCM, the sound levels are a constant discussion (aka silencer issues with them flying onto track, installation, distance, sound data logging, yada yada yada) with signs posted.  The sound guardians are easily seen holding their booms at NCM.  However; Barber would not do something so visual (they probably have the mics in the hanging lady's skirt-  hahahahaha).

image.thumb.png.3d8958ff9c479d730e4dff43a2ae0426.png