Sign in to follow this  
El_Tortuga

Open Track Days

I'm in for May 16th and 31st. It will be continuation of their excellent post-Covid format. More to follow in June too.

Who else? 

5 hours ago, El_Tortuga said:

I'm in for May 16th and 31st. It will be continuation of their excellent post-Covid format. More to follow in June too.

Who else? 

I'm in, the 31st is questionable, depends on what the SCCA does with the autox program. I should find out tonight what the decision is.

I'd be in...but guessing my instruction is not needed...and the Full Monte had a full engine blowout...so, down for a few weeks...

On 5/12/2020 at 11:13 AM, Captain Buddha said:

I'd be in...but guessing my instruction is not needed...and the Full Monte had a full engine blowout...so, down for a few weeks...

huh?

2017 Corvette Z06 7-Speed  

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

Huh for which part? I'm guessing only so many instructors are needed due to no in-car instruction...still doing lead / follow, right? And my Monte Carlo blew an engine last time I was running...so, new engine arrives today or tomorrow....

His point was you're saying you're down cause you don't have a car to drive..  yet you also have the Vette and the TA2 car you could play with.

boys and their toys..... 😉

LOL....I really don't enjoy doing track days with the vette so much...and the TA2 resides in MN....I know...first world problems LOL!!

But see my Dale thread...Motor arrived - test fitting now....

1 hour ago, Matt93SE said:

His point was you're saying you're down cause you don't have a car to drive..  yet you also have the Vette and the TA2 car you could play with.

boys and their toys..... 😉

ding ding

2 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Huh for which part? I'm guessing only so many instructors are needed due to no in-car instruction...still doing lead / follow, right? And my Monte Carlo blew an engine last time I was running...so, new engine arrives today or tomorrow....

The Driver's Edge at the 3.1 MSRC event May 2 & 3 - I thought they were going to do lead follow with students, but they put instructors in the cars instead.  I was surprised by that.

1 hour ago, RUQWIKR said:

The Driver's Edge at the 3.1 MSRC event May 2 & 3 - I thought they were going to do lead follow with students, but they put instructors in the cars instead.  I was surprised by that.

Interesting...

7 hours ago, RUQWIKR said:

I mean you're already in a helmet. Visor down, throw some gloves on and you're ready to handle monkeys from Liberia.

Holly wood - I think the worry is using communicators...I know that we (ECR instructors) were not going to use communicators if we were doing in-car instruction...so...back to yelling / shouting / hand signs etc... LOL!

It’s the total stranger (not knowing how serious they have taken the Covid situation) sitting that close for lots of minutes / hours including idle time waiting in the pits or on track for someone who went off track to get pulled out.

I have tried hard to take it serious and so has my family.  Didn’t mean to take the original thread too far off topic.

was just being sarcastic fellas. option C (the best option): don’t instruct 👍

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 4:45 PM, RUQWIKR said:

It’s the total stranger (not knowing how serious they have taken the Covid situation) sitting that close for lots of minutes / hours including idle time waiting in the pits or on track for someone who went off track to get pulled out.

I have tried hard to take it serious and so has my family.  Didn’t mean to take the original thread too far off topic.

Sorry for late response, but I agree, I'm not riding right seat at this time.  That said, I'll be there on May 31st - weather looks good!