AhmadHasib

Help with Body Panels

Finally getting around to removing the fender flares that came on the Miata. I've never been a big fan of them. Looks like the previous owner drilled holes for the rivets and cut off a good portion of everything.

The front bumper and front fenders are cut, so I'll need to replace those. 

Rear bumper is also cut, but not sure what to do with the rear quarter panel. How does this work? Do I have to buy and entire quarter panel? Where would I even begin looking for one?

Wheels are Going Dekagram 15x10 ET25. On Maxxis VR-1 245/40/15. Can a wheel this size even fit under a fender? I might have to search around for a 15x9 

MVIMG_20200427_021403.jpg

IMG_20200427_021416.jpg

IMG-20190918-WA0002.jpg

In order to repair the rear quarter panels, there will be much bodywork and welding involved and require the narrow hips from a donor car.  Given the price of Miatas right now, it would cost you less money to buy another chassis than it would cost you for the body shop labor to replace the rear quarters and repaint the whole car.  

I don't think you can fit 15x10 under factory fenders either. So If you want 15x10 and don't want to spend a fortune in body work, you should probably leave the ugly fender flares on and enjoy the ride.  That's what I would do. ?

Just put flares back on, run 275 Hoosiers that actually make use of them, and send it. The amount of work the rears would take to fix and ain't worth it for a track car.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:52 AM, Matt93SE said:

I don't think you can fit 15x10 under factory fenders either. So If you want 15x10 and don't want to spend a fortune in body work, you should probably leave the ugly fender flares on and enjoy the ride.  That's what I would do. ?

245 on 15x10 fits NB with roll/pull. NA would be aggressive pull, but doable.

166780-15x10-15x11-6ul-@-949-racing-80-2