cabowabo

Hey, it's iRacing Week 13

If there's ever a time to jump on and goof off with no consequences, it's now! Week 13 Ridiculousness combines the GMX5, Radical SR8, and Williams F1 and it's as mental as it sounds. 

I really wish I could get into the iRacing thing.  looks like fun, but I suck SOOO bad at PC-based games.  learning in a car and then going to a computer just lacks the feels and sights and sounds and forces from being in the car, so I can't get a good grip on where or how hard to brake.  I need the feel of the belts and the lateral forces and the peripheral vision to make it real enough for me...

Yah! I am stoked on the new season; I just dipped in with several friends.  I've never felt competition so close.

iRacing is not doing well tonight. Not sure they have the technical chops to keep their servers up. Constant random technical issues in various areas of the app. As a cloud architect I would say they built this wrong. Looks like they used early 2000s software design principals or they just haven't invested in the the necessary capacity for the age of Covid-19. This is on top of the normal iRacing fails, like black flags for passing a car under yellow when said car is flying over you in the air. 

I just did a VRS Sprint race, nearly 300 people signed up, top split nearly 4600 (about a 1000 more than a typical Saturday afternoon), 10 splits, and service seems fine. But iRacing is NR2003, so yes, it's based off early 2000's software.

People starting the race upside down is really just business as usual round here.

Seems like it was just Friday night after announcing all the major race series were going to be doing iRacing. Behaves much better on Sunday morning. 

On 3/21/2020 at 6:42 PM, cabowabo said:

I just did a VRS Sprint race, nearly 300 people signed up, top split nearly 4600 (about a 1000 more than a typical Saturday afternoon), 10 splits, and service seems fine. But iRacing is NR2003, so yes, it's based off early 2000's software.

People starting the race upside down is really just business as usual round here.

Which VR headset are you using?  Looking to upgrade eventually from my OG Rift.

4 hours ago, vchengap said:

Which VR headset are you using?  Looking to upgrade eventually from my OG Rift.

CV1. Gonna sit on that until some much better stuff comes out...or until it quits on me.

6 hours ago, cabowabo said:

CV1. Gonna sit on that until some much better stuff comes out...or until it quits on me.

Nice. Mine is still running strong after almost 4 years. Durable little things.

The resolution on the Index is tempting though. But that means going all in on a better video card, cpu, etc.