thanasis11

March members days

19 hours ago, robertcope said:

I'm not scared, either... but I don't want to be the guy that sits at home and rails on "all the idiots out there" and then is the idiot out there when it suits me. I mean, I am the idiot out there, but you know what I mean 🙂

you may be an idiot, but you're *our* idiot and we still like you regardless of your responsibility to society. 😛

Every village needs an idiot...just saying...not that you're the village idiot...I do a pretty good job of that one...but yeah, you're "our" idiot...Matt just has a certain je ne sais quois with words, non? 😂

Bring it big boy!!! LOL I'm just amazed that you spelled it right! LOL

I know, I know...you copied / pasted... LOL

On 3/24/2020 at 1:15 PM, robertcope said:

I'm not scared, either... but I don't want to be the guy that sits at home and rails on "all the idiots out there" and then is the idiot out there when it suits me. I mean, I am the idiot out there, but you know what I mean 🙂

If it makes you feel any better...I've always thought of you as an idiot. lol

Agreed, right thing to do. In this environment, I don't think it is a good idea to tow my track car on the highway when people are struggling and all of this crazy stuff is happening.

14 hours ago, bigjae1976 said:

If it makes you feel any better...I've always thought of you as an idiot. lol

Agreed, right thing to do. In this environment, I don't think it is a good idea to tow my track car on the highway when people are struggling and all of this crazy stuff is happening.

That's why you keep your car at the track and fly under the radar...I know, I know...sounds horrible...yes, I'm a horrible person...

9 minutes ago, Captain Buddha said:

... and fly under the radar...I know, I know...sounds horrible...yes, I'm a horrible person...

Cigars, large trailers, loud machines,,,etc....Not sure you eeeeeeeeeveeeerrrrr "fly under the radar"  🙂

I look forward to our paths crossing when the stars unfortunately align for you.  I tend to make folks run for the hills with my ugly mug and conversation- hahahahaha

FYI, MSR Houston now has a "no guests" policy until further notice. Spoke to Deb today and confirmed this. 😒

Ya, that was the announcement that came out yesterday.. I'm guessing in response to the Brazoria county lockdown.

2 hours ago, Max said:

Cigars, large trailers, loud machines,,,etc....Not sure you eeeeeeeeeveeeerrrrr "fly under the radar"  🙂

I look forward to our paths crossing when the stars unfortunately align for you.  I tend to make folks run for the hills with my ugly mug and conversation- hahahahaha

Likewise - it will be fun! I mean, heck, Matt and I even get along! LOL

14 minutes ago, Matt93SE said:

Brazoria county lockdown.

Sounds like a catchy B-movie title....write your own joke....go ahead....

3 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

Ya, that was the announcement that came out yesterday.. I'm guessing in response to the Brazoria county lockdown.

I was a weird announcement. Either poorly written or finely crafted, not sure which. It's not super clear if it is even open for members, exactly... but members are allowed in, and if they need to test their car, they can get out on track...

On 3/27/2020 at 10:01 AM, Captain Buddha said:

That's why you keep your car at the track and fly under the radar...I know, I know...sounds horrible...yes, I'm a horrible person...

I could tow it there during hours of darkness...lol

On 3/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, robertcope said:

I was a weird announcement. Either poorly written or finely crafted, not sure which. It's not super clear if it is even open for members, exactly... but members are allowed in, and if they need to test their car, they can get out on track...

I have a feeling there was some wordsmithing involved to convey an intent aligning with the gov't requests, but not actually prohibit members from utilizing the facility.

I gassed up the car and drove the kids to Brenham and back to see wildflowers and let them run around a little.  we took all back roads and passed many country clubs, parking lot for every golf course and gun club was full.  I have a feeling that's the same intent of the MSR memo...   "we won't tell you that you cannot come and play since you're paying rent, but we won't be there.  sign waiver at the gate and leave us alone"