thanasis11

March members days

On 3/20/2020 at 10:08 AM, joesurf79 said:

Well if you're going I'm going lol...I'll bring you your scales back. I will have corner balanced  3 cars with 'em by then lol

No problem if you need to keep it a little longer...just as long as a miata never touches my scales...haha

On 3/19/2020 at 9:28 AM, robertcope said:

Of course, it would be awesome to see you.

Same here...it's been awhile. I haven't seen you post GONK era. Bringing the Lexus out?

oooh! Lobstah is coming!...Joe is coming, Robert is coming and the rest of the guys I havent met!..I see a nice gathering here! In for the 29th as well! ...where is @Hollywood?!

18 hours ago, bigjae1976 said:

Same here...it's been awhile. I haven't seen you post GONK era. Bringing the Lexus out?

Yeah! Gotta warmer her up a bit, and I have new shoes for her!

I've always wanted to attend one of these events, but haven't been able to take off on Sundays. I think it might be possible for me this upcoming Sunday.  Would anyone mind hosting me?

22 hours ago, Paladin said:

oooh! Lobstah is coming!...Joe is coming, Robert is coming and the rest of the guys I havent met!..I see a nice gathering here! In for the 29th as well! ...where is @Hollywood?!

14 hours ago, VoBoy said:

I've always wanted to attend one of these events, but haven't been able to take off on Sundays. I think it might be possible for me this upcoming Sunday.  Would anyone mind hosting me?

Im in and can host too (assuming we don’t get a shelter in place order here soon) - bringing the S2000 with or without brakes & tires 😂

Looks like a pretty nice group showing. I'll be there if Robert or Hollywood is willing to host me :D.

I heard they are shutting down events and will only be open to members.  Can anyone confirm this?

in shorthand, yes that's the case.   all organized events are disallowed due to local regulations (too many people, too close, etc etc etc).   

Kart track is also closed until further notice since it's 100% non-essential retail business.

however, the track is still open to members and their guests.   they are also hosting some "social distancing track days" with limited track amenities and attendance so non-members can get some stress relief.

22 hours ago, VoBoy said:

7 hours ago, jp129 said:

Looks like a pretty nice group showing. I'll be there if Robert or Hollywood is willing to host me :D.

Assuming we're not locked down or whatever, ya'll are welcome to come out.

9 hours ago, Hollywood said:

Im in and can host too (assuming we don’t get a shelter in place order here soon) - bringing the S2000 with or without brakes & tires 😂

57 minutes ago, robertcope said:

Assuming we're not locked down or whatever, ya'll are welcome to come out.

Appreciate the hospitality! Hopefully it pans out. I'll check this thread for updates.

I'm going to try and get in touch with MSRH tomorrow to validate that the track is open for members and guests. Stay tuned!

Also, please don't show up if you think you may have been exposed. This is a decent way to know your risk: https://checkforcorona.com/harris-county

Is there a way to avoid having to go to the office to sign in?  Like online forms and payments?

@robertcope I don't know how they're doing things yet, but Deb is the one that texted me on Sunday and said they're still open for business.  certainly verify before you go tho.

In light of the stay-at-home order issued this morning, I think it's probably the responsible thing to cancel the March 29th event. I kinda feel like going to the track is a pretty safe thing to do, but it seems outside the spirit of the exercise. Thoughts?

i guess....."logic" can prevail at this point...(even though logic and everything track related should not be in the same sentence :p)

My opinion is we probably won't be in close contact with each other and hopefully use good judgement when around each other. Interestingly enough, public parks and playgrounds will still remain open. (The track is an adult playground right?)

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/stay-home-work-safe-houston-harris-county-issue-stay-at-home-shelter-place-order/285-87390d65-44b3-464f-830a-399ea202eac7

I think there are ways to safely still have fun in this climate, but I respect everyone's decisions either way and will look forward to next time if that's the case!

Very understandable. Thank you for trying, Robert! Everyone stay safe.

2 hours ago, robertcope said:

In light of the stay-at-home order issued this morning, I think it's probably the responsible thing to cancel the March 29th event. I kinda feel like going to the track is a pretty safe thing to do, but it seems outside the spirit of the exercise. Thoughts?

W.W.L.E.D ?? Aint Skeerd.

LESENDIT.gif.83a723a2de8c829e039af0a6a967803b.gif

Just now, joesurf79 said:

W.W.L.E.D ?? Aint Skeerd.

Just saw it was canceled, next time guys! 

I'm not scared, either... but I don't want to be the guy that sits at home and rails on "all the idiots out there" and then is the idiot out there when it suits me. I mean, I am the idiot out there, but you know what I mean :)