strengthrehab

Alignment shop joyride

Back in December, I dropped my car off for an alignment. Picked it up later. I purposely left.my solo2DL and SCHD hooked up. 

I collected the car, but never checked the videos until a few days ago when I was cleaning up the SD card. 

Then I realized that the car was taken for 3 rides of around 10 mins each to check the alignments. A little excessive, but whatever. 

I watched the first video fully and within that 10 mins drive, I see the tech decided to have some fun. 

I contacted the shop owner via email. When I didnt get a response I called the shop. Apparently the owner wasn't around. I told the person answering I needed to talk to him and to have him call me. 

Havent heard back. It has been a couple if days. 

What would you do? 

#1 = owner needs to fire that employee.  It's a pure 100+ MPH joyride and no way can he claim it was needed to check their work. The guy is creating lots of liability for the shop owner and it'll bite him in the butt one of these days.

#2 = free alignments for life or you post the video and name the shop for everyone else to see how they treat customer cars.

I can tell by the hand position that he's a skilled driver.  Google it...it is a thing.

Seriously, you waited long enough.  Just post an excruciating review on Google and share with us the name of the shop so no TJ's go there. 

I'd definitely show it to the shop owner. He needs to know so that he can decide what he wants to do with the employee. I would also request to talk to the employee, where I would inform him that he drives like shit and that if he has a desire to actually learn to drive he can come out to autox or hpde with me (in his own ride, of course).

In the video your AIM data doesn't seem correct.

The gear he is in isn't correct (it's off by 1 for the most part) and he shows a peak of almost 8k RPM isn't fuel cut-off around 7250 or something?

Is the data overlay using GPS for speed or gear/rpm calculation for speed?

Just doesn't seem quite like over 100mph.

1 hour ago, jared said:

In the video your AIM data doesn't seem correct.

The gear he is in isn't correct (it's off by 1 for the most part) and he shows a peak of almost 8k RPM isn't fuel cut-off around 7250 or something?

Is the data overlay using GPS for speed or gear/rpm calculation for speed?

Just doesn't seem quite like over 100mph.

Camera is getting data for speed and all that from the CAN. It is correct. It has been proven correct  in the Texas HPDE/RR whatever the fuck page on FB based on the speed on the video and the needle sweep in the car that was enhanced by Will Faules. The gear indicator may be off as Ford doesn't have a good signal for gear indicator in the CAN. 

I'm not getting into that conversation here. Fuck people. 

Oh and my car is far from stock with a 7900 RPM limiter

Yeah I saw that thread on FB, it takes all kinds I guess.

I found the road he was on. Used google maps to measure distance and used the timestamps. My calculations came a bit under the indicated but close enough with the quick and dirty tools I used.

But the gear indicator is still incorrect ?

Beside the hand position and not being the shop owner (I would be concerned due to liabilities otherwise), I have no issues with what's on the video.

I would be concerned if the guy did burnouts with the engine not up to temperature or repeatedly hit rev limiter or did aggressive downshifts. 

39 minutes ago, jared said:

I found the road he was on. Used google maps to measure distance and used the timestamps. My calculations came a bit under the indicated but close enough with the quick and dirty tools I used.

TIre size is different than stock which would account for a slight discrepancy. 

5 hours ago, jared said:

Yeah, I mean, I looked at the video and didn't feel like it looked like 100MPH. But nothing else passed the sniff test for me - like what are the chances that @strengthrehab has never noticed the ridiculous inaccuracy of the speed, or that it worked fine before but just happened to go awry for this video? I sure as hell wouldn't start a crusade on those grounds...

3 hours ago, N546RV said:

Yeah, I mean, I looked at the video and didn't feel like it looked like 100MPH. But nothing else passed the sniff test for me - like what are the chances that @strengthrehab has never noticed the ridiculous inaccuracy of the speed, or that it worked fine before but just happened to go awry for this video? I sure as hell wouldn't start a crusade on those grounds...

Well obviously I lied to slander the shop. It was my plan along. That's why I waited almost 3 months to worry about it. 

11 hours ago, N546RV said:

Also you could see the guy rowing through the gears. I don't know Mustangs that well, but he was pretty deep into 3rd and 4th, and in any modern performance car that's hauling ass.

As is the norm, someone (who I have talked to and bought my SCHD from) decided to take a stand on something they only guessed about and led the pitchforkers to my door. Then everyone picked in based on no evidence other than a hunch

Then when they were proven wrong, they shut up and then came to me like there was no harm no foul. 

Yeah, no. 

I'm a pretty chill dude, but some people just dont like me. 

2 hours ago, Kong Sheng Han said:

So did the shop follow up with you?

I got a call from the shop number today while treating patients but they didn't leave a message and I haven't had a chance to call back. 

This is after I documented the situation on their FB page with screenshot pic showing the speed. 

I'd use them again for the service, but I'd do the test drive.