Sign in to follow this  
BobKid

Maverick PCA March 28-29 (ECR 2.7)

I'll be there, I love ECR (I'll be there on Saturday for their Open Track Day). The full course is great, all the good parts of the short course plus some extra elements that are tons of fun.

In. Work has been interfering with my participation and I aim to correct that.

57 minutes ago, pmptx said:

Looks like registration is only open for 5 days

image.png.8ca599666b3ed539332d03a8d0bb1264.png

That might just be the one day only registration. The 2 day registration is currently open (I'm registered).

Just got the PCA memo stating that its "on", with cautions to not attend if any concern of fever, etc. If folks wanting to not attend, liberal cancellation policy, etc.

I'm so in, Covid-19, Saudi/Russia oil fight, slab leak, other challenges are kicking the snot out of me.

15 hours ago, El_Tortuga said:

Just got the PCA memo stating that its "on", with cautions to not attend if any concern of fever, etc. If folks wanting to not attend, liberal cancellation policy, etc.

I'm so in, Covid-19, Saudi/Russia oil fight, slab leak, other challenges are kicking the snot out of me.

Add in the fact that losing ~25% of my retirement funds over the last month means I probably won't be retiring this year, and I'm right there with ya!

31 minutes ago, BobKid said:

Add in the fact that losing ~25% of my retirement funds over the last month means I probably won't be retiring this year, and I'm right there with ya!

I hear you. Apparently I'm not retiring ever.

Instructing will be lead/follow and no in-car at all (except maybe the coaching candidates). Should be interesting.

Interesting. My student for the March 21 ECR OTD is buying a Trac Com headset to plug into the box, I told him that I would not want him using mine - and then for another student...so, there's that solution. If I have another student then it'll probably just be pointing / grunting...LOL...

5 hours ago, BRZ4Science said:

Instructing will be lead/follow and no in-car at all (except maybe the coaching candidates). Should be interesting.

Just read the email. Sound plan. Classroom will be outside, more brief, and casual.

I'm keen to try the lead-follow thing again. In car is best, but I was surprised how effective it was when we tried it with SCCA, especially when combined with before and after debriefs.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, El_Tortuga said:

Just read the email. Sound plan. Classroom will be outside, more brief, and casual.

I'm keen to try the lead-follow thing again. In car is best, but I was surprised how effective it was when we tried it with SCCA, especially when combined with before and after debriefs.

We'll see how it goes, I'll just have to be careful who I try to follow on the first go around

2 hours ago, BobKid said:

We'll see how it goes, I'll just have to be careful who I try to follow on the first go around

LOL. Same as any other time. 

Not for you, but the instructed groups. If you are nervous about the big track, don't be worried. You'll be great, just ease into it and you'll LOVE it. Its kind of COTA ish. Easy to drive, harder to drive really fast. Its not tricky, but its is technical IMHO. Tons of fun and can be really fast. As always, a work in progress.

Well, all that prep for nothing . . . PCA just called off the DE weekend and refunded the signups. 😷

I haven't heard if ECR is cancelling their Open Track Day on Saturday, if they're still on you could still make it to ECR.

Disappointing, I  do think it could be done safely with the rules they had in place and its one of the few activities left.   I really was looking forward to trying out the new track.   We could have utilized point-by passing in the club house to maintain the six foot social distancing recommendation:)   

Ferrari_430_challenge.jpg

The ECR Open Track Day for this Saturday, March 21, is still on, as of last night. It's a smaller group than normal, on purpose, less instructors as well, on purpose.

You can always join up and run on Member Days too!

hey can members come on these days too?

16 hours ago, XLR8 said:

hey can members come on these days too?

Members can come to the ECR open track days, you should email Brad and/or Maggie though to tell them you're coming. For the other events, it's my understanding that members can get discounts/rebates when they run with other groups as a membership perk. Running with PCA or anyone else would require you to register with the outside group and coordinate with ECR to get your discount.

NASA just cancelled/postponed (TBA) its April 3-5 ECR race....