Sign in to follow this  
Captain Buddha

Say Hello to "Dale"...

So "Country Dale" (the Full Monte Carlo) didn't fare too well this past Saturday....a few laps in on the first session there was a massive explosion and oil smoke...thought I was on fire...got it slowed down, net down, belts off, stopped, wheel off and got out...still smoking...no fire...but oil...hole in the side of the block...guess the internals decided to "social distance" themselves...LOL...so...new motor time...out with the LS1 and in with an LS3!! More HP/Torque...never a bad thing...usually I'm against adding more power...unless it's my own stuff...LOL...

Here's something that popped up in my YouTube feed that I enjoyed.  Go to 4:04 to see Dale's "Dream Car".

Good people, good times.   I liked Dale.

2 hours ago, hornetball said:

Here's something that popped up in my YouTube feed that I enjoyed.  Go to 4:04 to see Dale's "Dream Car".

That was very cool to watch! Thank you for posting!!

I read something about the GTA cars no longer being allowed to run GT2 in the not-so-distant future.   any idea if that's still happening?

19 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

I read something about the GTA cars no longer being allowed to run GT2 in the not-so-distant future.   any idea if that's still happening?

Some dill-hole on the CRB decided "it's too much trouble to try to figure out what's legal, what's not, etc...for GT2...so we're going to take the 'easy' path and just get rid of stock car bodies altogether in GT2..."

Yep...literally verbatim per my GTA/GT2 contact / grand poobah (Butch Kummer)....we were starting to sharpen up the pitchforks and prepping the torches and the boiling vat of tar and started plucking feathers...they got the message and "it's being taken care of" - ie - they've given Butch their word that they are rescinding that ridiculousness.

So, let's see...here's their thought process....too many stock cars....to many cars....let's cut 'em....sure, go ahead sparky! Here's your bright idea for the year...I'll take my toys and go play elsewhere...hello, NASA?

HAHAHAH

The CRB only wants high society cars.   they don't want no redneck NASCAR looking junk at their high fallutin Super Tours.  It doesn't fit with their intended whine and cheese demographic.

I'm very certain that I often offend MANY p-cars!! Funny thing is...I'm probably a higher-class wino than a good chunk of them... LOL...but I'm still a down-n-dirty redneck stock car guy! Especially with "Dale!"

Yeah, that's what I think is so funny about much of this stuff...  never judge a book by its cover.

2 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Funny thing is...I'm probably a higher-class wino than a good chunk of them... LOL...but I'm still a down-n-dirty redneck stock car guy! Especially with "Dale!"

Having money and good taste in reliable, safe, fast cars does not give you class.  It just makes you smart.  😉