Sign in to follow this  
Captain Buddha

Say Hello to "Dale"...

20 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

buddy its 2020, your excuses for taking shit photos are rapidly dwindling. Is this shop also a sauna?! 🤣🤣

Well - pix are from my crew...where it literally is a sauna inside the shop compared to the outside...shop and car are located in Shakopee, MN, right outside of Minneapolis. You know...the great frozen north! Matter of fact - instead of hauling tires down in the transporter we are having them sent from Atlanta...due to the extreme cold and chance of cracking tires - we had a few that gave us grief at Homestead - you know, on the banking...the right fronts...crazy stuff!

I'll provide better pix once I get to see the car, Thursday afternoon during load-in at COTA. Plus, these are teaser shots anyway...

Guest lobster

are the baby dick end plates on the wing because rules? 

Also, what's the shops address, I'll ship them a camera made sometime after 1839 that doesn't require silver salts.  

8 minutes ago, lobster said:

are the baby dick end plates on the wing because rules? 

Also, what's the shops address, I'll ship them a camera made sometime after 1839 that doesn't require silver salts.  

LOL!!!

That's the spec TA2 Derhaag Wing (google Derhaag - that's also the shop's address - and a whole lot more you can found out, as in: Jim Derhaag - he says he doesn't have a heart, but it's in there, somewhere...LOL)...they look a tad small because they need the red wrap on them - that's what every TA2 runs! And trust me - no matter how careful you are - they still reach out and grab you when walking by it LOL!!

3 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

Now you have an excuse for wrecking people!

LOL!! Moi!?

Never.   you can blame the car all you want now.   because of it's livery, it has a predisposition to knock slower people out of the way.

"Country Dale" (aka the Full Monte Carlo) is getting prepped for its transformation!!

CountryDale.thumb.JPG.360b0884b8d0aea89529157fb9e8935a.JPG

Which one is your favorite? Fantastic pictures from the SCCA COTA SuperTour this February 2020 shot by David at D Gillen Photography.

2020 02 07-8262.jpg

2020 02 07-8373.jpg

2020 02 07-8410.jpg

2020 02 07-9567.jpg

2020 02 07-9594.jpg

2020 02 07-9685.jpg

2020 02 08-2244.jpg

2020_02_08-2261.jpg

2020 02 08-2287.jpg

2020 02 08-4089.jpg

2020 02 08-4299.jpg

2020 02 09-6699.jpg

Guest lobster

i like the one that shows you holding up traffic in the esses.  

9 minutes ago, lobster said:

i like the one that shows you holding up traffic in the esses.  

That's funny lobstah!! I think you meant: I like the one that shows the cars you just passed...

Butt I could be wrong...and into the boiling pot you go...! ha!

Guest lobster

lol seriously tho your car is lookin sharp.  

It's definitely on the list of cars I want to drive.  

Thank you! Dale's Redneck Country Cousin - the Full Monte Carlo - is getting the Dale treatment next week, hope to debut it at the ECR Chin Event March 14/15!

1 hour ago, Captain Buddha said:

Thank you! Dale's Redneck Country Cousin - the Full Monte Carlo - is getting the Dale treatment next week, hope to debut it at the ECR Chin Event March 14/15!

Is that when we all get to drive it?

17 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

Is that when we all get to drive it?

Sure, come awwwwwn!

You need a new signature pic.  That shot from Daytona would look fantastic with the new paint scheme -- although you may want a picture from a different track out of respect.

Yeah - I do love that pic from Daytona though. That was my first time to a BIG track - especially a track of consequence - where there is massive speed and walls everywhere! I dreamt about Daytona for at least a month afterwards...it still brings a smile to my face - seriously - one of THE BEST motorsports experiences I've EVER had! We were there for 11 days straight, paddocked / campout out in spaces 60/61, right on the shores of Lake Lloyd. SCCA Runoffs 2015, I got Top Ten!! So much fun - just thinking about it brings a smile to my face! My first time back racing there since 2015 was this past November...my 2nd Trans Am TA2 race - I got 9th!! So friggin cool!! Granted, in my Camaro...but still...here's a good pic...but yeah, I'll work on getting a different sig pic...

Flying.thumb.JPG.ecc1c6892fd8b8ff44c656e36b6b59a5.JPG

I hope to make it back there- Great experience enjoying a historical living place!!

DSC02361.JPG

MKS_6964.JPG

Right after the pass of course..hahahahahaha

LMS_6669.JPG

Very nice!!

My wife commented - after I got out of the car after the first test session this past November: "I've never seen you so happy! Especially when just testing! You love this place!"

And it's true...I do!