Sign in to follow this  
Jack @ Chin Motorsports

Chin @ ECR 3/14-15/2020

Come join Chin Track Days for our first laps of 2020 on the new epic 2.7 mile lap at Eagles Canyon.  After our first visit last December we have been anxiously awaiting our return to what is now our favorite lap in Texas.  Registration will be available at 8pm est on Monday 1/13 by clicking the link below. 2-days $449, 1-day $269, 3+ hours of track time per day!

Register for Eagles Canyon

11 minutes ago, Jack @ Chin Motorsports said:

Come join Chin Track Days for our first laps of 2020 on the new epic 2.7 mile lap at Eagles Canyon.  After our first visit last December we have been anxiously awaiting our return to what is now our favorite lap in Texas.  Registration will be available at 8pm est on Monday 1/13 by clicking the link below. 2-days $449, 1-day $269, 3+ hours of track time per day!

Register for Eagles Canyon

Are you looking for instructors? I instruct with ECR, SCCA TT, BMWCCA, PCA, Edge Addicts, and APEX Academy and that weekend is one of the few weekends I don't have an event scheduled.

What a great weekend, Saturday had rain all day but ECR wasn't bad to drive in the rain. The only issues are the runoff areas have no grass and if you go off you have to stay off and wait for a tow, but drivers were cautious enough to limit the number of offs and the ECR crew was quick to get people off (phrasing).

Sunday stayed dry all day, there were a couple of threats of rain but aside from a few sprinkles that didn't affect conditions, it stayed dry all day. Turnout was light, virus concerns and weather conspired to keep people away; however, for those of us who braved the conditions we were rewarded with tons of open track and an obscene amount of track time (I drove 7 sessions on Saturday and 9 on Sunday). Basically got 3 days worth of driving done in a weekend, and that was with a fog delay on Saturday.

My only issue was that my camera charge cable was giving me problems, so I only got video of the first half of the days. The Chin participants and management were a pleasure to run with, the groups and drivers all did a great time with point-bys and on track behavior (we all kept a little separated for good "social distancing" but everyone was still friendly and helpful). I was a little weary with the "Happy Hour" driving session, where at the end of the day all drivers are allowed out for an hour long session with open passing with a point-by. I didn't know how well it'd work, but it was fantastic. The long session meant that those who participated did so during different parts of the session, so there weren't too many cars on track at the same time. The slower drivers/cars were great with point-bys and I didn't notice any issues with the open passing and mixed groups (many of the drivers were new to ECR, but the Saturday rain did a good job training people to drive within their limits).

I managed a 2:13.9 which is my best time on my RS4's (2:13.4 on last-legs RE71r's is my PB) and about a 1s pickup over my previous fastest time on the RS4's.