Jump to content
Thundermoose

MSRH CCW Pointers

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lobster said:

The right after sweeper is 62 for me 

you mean the bus stop?

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Talley said:

you mean the bus stop?

v0v  

T8.  I'm not really sure if bus stop means 8 or 9.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lobster said:

v0v  

T8.  I'm not really sure if bus stop means 8 or 9.  

 

That one:

0E32B63C-B217-422B-A6F0-C684F441AEEC.thumb.jpeg.d40b62434f75816b5ef78c50e91deb70.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post

ah I thought we were talking about 8 cause the whole throwing out the anchors thing after the sweeper.

makes sense tho 50mph seems awfully slow for t8

9 you barely need to brake maybe none at all in a Miata???? Just Turning seems to scrub enough speed for me. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

9 is a lift pre turn, then back on throttle into the keyhole in a Miata yeah.  But on T8, I mean we’re 20whp off a “normal” TT6 Miata and we’re faster than the TT6 guys that I’ve talked to, so I think that 50-52mph is a decent “Miata pace”.

We don’t have 12” Wide Hoosiers and a C7 track width though 😂

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Solo_S14 said:

9 is a lift pre turn, then back on throttle into the keyhole in a Miata yeah.  But on T8, I mean we’re 20whp off a “normal” TT6 Miata and we’re faster than the TT6 guys that I’ve talked to, so I think that 50-52mph is a decent “Miata pace”.

We don’t have 12” Wide Hoosiers and a C7 track width though 😂

lol I wasn't comparing I was just giving another data point.

regrettably 315 hoosiers are as big as I can fit currently without taking out the saw on the fenders.  #narrowbody 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Solo_S14 said:

Have you, seen our work?

 

Fiberglass composites don’t roll 😞

Share this post


Link to post

1:53 is faster than TT6? Uh...nope. TT6 in properly driven/setup car is gonna be on pace with a nats prep SM. <shade> Current NASA Texas TT6 field is slow unless Whitener shows up, that dude is legit. </shade>

Share this post


Link to post

The 2-3 guys that I spoke to this year were running their NB’s in the 54’s PB - but yeah I gusss that’s (5 seconds? off pace?)

Share this post


Link to post

I ran 48s in my relatively poorly prepped TTE car many years ago. Not sure how that compares to TT6, though.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Solo_S14 said:

The 2-3 guys that I spoke to this year were running their NB’s in the 54’s PB - but yeah I gusss that’s (5 seconds? off pace?)

Looks like we need to work on making our Miata even more Faster-er! Maybe 108 whp wont cut it 😞

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

Looks like we need to work on making our Miata even more Faster-er! Maybe 108 whp wont cut it 😞

It's enduro not TT

 

EvilPaleIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Talley said:

Damn I took the slowbra through there at 38-40.  I need to pick it up a bunch

remember you have 200TW tires on a buffalo.

These are R comps on a gazelle.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

remember you have 200TW tires on a buffalo.

These are R comps on a gazelle.

LOL  ya well I just confirmed 120-125ish down the straight then brake then 78ish through the sweeper and then piss poor first attempt at heel/toe causing my face to fly forward on the clutch out drop down to 38 into T8 hold the same speed to T9 and basically cruised on over to the carousel where I went about 50  😞   actually.... I'm a glass half full kinda guy.  You guys give me at least something.  Slowest ever award!!!

I'm sure if i handed the keys over to lobster on r compound he could easily clock off a 145 in my car without trying.  This is so damn sad.

And then couple the fact I have family obligations on pretty much the first half of the season I won't get that much time in.  The orange/blue is the dates I can make this year so far unless something else comes up.



 

82159167_1439451516224899_5085422367170101248_n.png

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Talley said:

LOL  ya well I just confirmed 120-125ish down the straight then brake then 78ish through the sweeper and then piss poor first attempt at heel/toe causing my face to fly forward on the clutch out drop down to 38 into T8 hold the same speed to T9 and basically cruised on over to the carousel where I went about 50  😞   actually.... I'm a glass half full kinda guy.  You guys give me at least something.  Slowest ever award!!!

I'm sure if i handed the keys over to lobster on r compound he could easily clock off a 145 in my car without trying.  This is so damn sad.

And then couple the fact I have family obligations on pretty much the first half of the season I won't get that much time in.  The orange/blue is the dates I can make this year so far unless something else comes up.



 

82159167_1439451516224899_5085422367170101248_n.png

Cool I’ll be at driven/blessed maybe even instructing in February if they request otherwise.   
I would also add events in cresson on your calendar.   
 

it’s a bit further drive but it’s a great track to learn on and probably one of the safer tracks to make a mistake at imo (the 1.7 ccw) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, lobster said:

Cool I’ll be at driven/blessed maybe even instructing in February if they request otherwise.   
I would also add events in cresson on your calendar.   
 

it’s a bit further drive but it’s a great track to learn on and probably one of the safer tracks to make a mistake at imo (the 1.7 ccw) 

 

If your going to be there are you able and willing for a passenger?  

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, lobster said:
I would also add events in cresson on your calendar.   
 

it’s a bit further drive but it’s a great track to learn on and probably one of the safer tracks to make a mistake at imo (the 1.7 ccw) 

 

Mostly safe.... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, marco8 said:

Mostly safe.... 

 

That's my friend Curtis! He walked away with no injuries (belt bruises and sore everywhere though) and his insurance covered his GT3. I've gone off a number of times on the 1.7 and there's lots of room. It's a teddy bear of a track and definitely one of the safest places you can learn at. Nowhere is completely safe, but the margins are pretty high at MSR Cresson, especially on the 1.7CCW.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, marco8 said:

Mostly safe.... 

 


Holy shit!  That’s awesome the driver came out okay.  What was the story on that? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, lobster said:


Holy shit!  That’s awesome the driver came out okay.  What was the story on that? 

This was before they had any curbing on the runoff area, and he came over Ricochet a little too fast and/or offline (this was the 3.1 so the speeds are higher and you have to manage your speed a bit more). He dropped a wheel and it caught a rut or the edge of the track and physics took over. As for the insurance, it was a PCA event and he talked to one of the lawyers in attendance, they told him he could not lie to his insurance but he did not have to volunteer any information. When asked about the crash he said it was a single car incident on private property with no injuries, others involved, or a police report. The insurance paid out and he switched to autox (I'm not sure he's been back to the track since, maybe once or twice).

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, BRZ4Science said:

This was before they had any curbing on the runoff area, and he came over Ricochet a little too fast and/or offline (this was the 3.1 so the speeds are higher and you have to manage your speed a bit more). He dropped a wheel and it caught a rut or the edge of the track and physics took over. As for the insurance, it was a PCA event and he talked to one of the lawyers in attendance, they told him he could not lie to his insurance but he did not have to volunteer any information. When asked about the crash he said it was a single car incident on private property with no injuries, others involved, or a police report. The insurance paid out and he switched to autox (I'm not sure he's been back to the track since, maybe once or twice).

Good info and very unfortunate.  

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...