Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

WEC back at COTA in Feb

That's awesome.  I went to the race a few years ago when it was held late in the day and into the night time which was super cool to watch the cars run in the dark.  Not sure if that schedule would work well in February though.  I'd really like to get to check out the new C8R but I think they may be only running IMSA.

We race there February 7-9 (SCCA Super Tour) - the Polar Prix - and let me tell you about the weather this year - CCCCCOLD and RAINY - will be fun, that's fore sure!!! So, it could be that...or it could be nice...you never know...

4 hours ago, Pete said:

That's awesome.  I went to the race a few years ago when it was held late in the day and into the night time which was super cool to watch the cars run in the dark.  Not sure if that schedule would work well in February though.  I'd really like to get to check out the new C8R but I think they may be only running IMSA.

I went to the lone star lemans in 2016 and it was fantastic watching them run at night.    Im a sucker for glowing brakes, neon lights and cars from the future tho.  LMP1 at night is as close as we can currently get to FZero.  

I'm really looking forward to the hypercar class. 

I worked T12 for the last WEC race there.   ohhh man that was awesome.   then again it was hard as hell to stare into the lights coming at you at 150+ and determine whether they were passing, already passed, on pace, off pace, etc.  there were many blue flags thrown for passes that had already occurred!  TV cameraman behind us laughed at me wearing sunglasses in the dark. then I told him to stare upstream for 30 minutes at a time and try to identify each car and who is passing whom just by their headlight glare.

Matt - I'd imagine that your arm was sore from waving the blue flag so much LOL!

mostly my ribs and kidneys hurt from leaning halfway out of the fence hole...

fortunately one of the other guys was smart enough that he remembered to bring some pool noodles and pad the edge of the fencing.  it woulda been way worse had he not thought ahead.