Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
surlynkid

Racing Suits

Recommended Posts

Who makes their suits or at least one of their suits with a more athletic cut?  5’10”, 180lbs, 44” chest, 34” waist (true measure not 32” jeans measure).  I don’t want custom, because I’ve seen poor results after paying all the extra for custom.  Size 54 is still too tall for me from what I see and waist is going to be 38 which is standard for a men’s 44 suit.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, edison_GTI said:

You can get it tailored.  I used a company called CV Products.

Are they local?  Simple things like hemming are no issue, but completely reworking a suit is probably a big deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, surlynkid said:

Are they local?  Simple things like hemming are no issue, but completely reworking a suit is probably a big deal.  

Not local.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, surlynkid said:

Who makes their suits or at least one of their suits with a more athletic cut?  5’10”, 180lbs, 44” chest, 34” waist (true measure not 32” jeans measure).  I don’t want custom, because I’ve seen poor results after paying all the extra for custom.  Size 54 is still too tall for me from what I see and waist is going to be 38 which is standard for a men’s 44 suit.  

Stand 21 - literally the end all, be all, of racing suits...you can buy off the rack - or get custom fitted - trust me - it gets very invasive...but the results are literally magic! The upcoming PRI Show (December) is the place - Stand 21 will be there, or you can go to their USA HQ in the Los Angeles area. I had a bespoke Simpson and it’s OK...the Stand 21...WOW!!! My body is DEFINITELY custom LOL...long torso, short legs, Buddha belly, 6’ 300+ pounds, linebacker legs, etc...they take measurements of you in all kinds of positions...and photos...it’s worth the $$$$!

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, surlynkid said:

Who makes their suits or at least one of their suits with a more athletic cut?  5’10”, 180lbs, 44” chest, 34” waist (true measure not 32” jeans measure).  I don’t want custom, because I’ve seen poor results after paying all the extra for custom.  Size 54 is still too tall for me from what I see and waist is going to be 38 which is standard for a men’s 44 suit.  

 

3 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Stand 21 - literally the end all, be all, of racing suits...you can buy off the rack - or get custom fitted - trust me - it gets very invasive...but the results are literally magic! The upcoming PRI Show (December) is the place - Stand 21 will be there, or you can go to their USA HQ in the Los Angeles area. I had a bespoke Simpson and it’s OK...the Stand 21...WOW!!! My body is DEFINITELY custom LOL...long torso, short legs, Buddha belly, 6’ 300+ pounds, linebacker legs, etc...they take measurements of you in all kinds of positions...and photos...it’s worth the $$$$!

 

f6d5db1e3311d36e5229adfe5381807b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Um...guess I have to explain it to you then...no matter what body type you have...Stand 21 can build you a prefect suit. Is that clear enough for you?

Share this post


Link to post

I looked for that one for a couple minutes and couldn't find it.  then I gave up and went back to work.

Share this post


Link to post

Go to Winding Road and try on every suit they have. Failing that I would get a custom Stand21 suit if I was in your shoes. I don't have personal experience with their suits (off the rack AStars leathers and driving suits fit my Italian-esque frame perfectly) but I worked with some guys in Europe a while back that were very happy with their custom Stand21 suits and the company certainly has the pedigree/quality you're looking for...and Captain Buddha seems to like his Stand21 suit...if I'm interpreting the all caps and exclamation points correctly...or it might just be some sick joke...

Share this post


Link to post

I used Stand21 https://na.stand21.com/ a few years back and they do a fantastic job.  Here are same of their old measurement chart for their suits and gloves.  They also do shoes and helmets.  They are not cheap but their product is one of the best in the industry and it is custom made/fit.  They can also do what they call NASCAR BOOT-LEG.

 

299557005_MeasurementChart.thumb.jpg.eb0fec8510a3e7aaa19bb2119026e11f.jpg

683592741_Glovemeasuring.thumb.jpg.52ab264d4dcf9a7b585446a24e298ea3.jpg

2084528844_FinalSet.thumb.jpg.2e1802d7ec6b1380cf87e100b97d7c0b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I am in a similar situation as the OP.  Too tall and thin.  Some have reported that the Alpinestars brand runs a little slimmer, but at 6'4" and 200 lbs the sizing chart puts me in a XXL.  That waist is going to be WAY too big.  The best route for me might just be getting that size and having a tailor fit the middle to me.  Have any of you gone this route?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jefrac said:

I am in a similar situation as the OP.  Too tall and thin.  Some have reported that the Alpinestars brand runs a little slimmer, but at 6'4" and 200 lbs the sizing chart puts me in a XXL.  That waist is going to be WAY too big.  The best route for me might just be getting that size and having a tailor fit the middle to me.  Have any of you gone this route?

Go drink a few more beers!  A-stars is more of a euro cut but you're probably going to have to get custom or get the waist taken in.  Sparco can do alterations in their CA HQ for a reasonable fee.  I had them take in my waist and belt a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post

Winding road probably has the most suits of different manufacturers anywhere in TX.  Thats where I went when I was trying to get sizing done right.  Alpine stars does run a little small but that ended up fitting me best.

Performance Stop at MSRH also has a nice selection in their showroom.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...