TrackJunkies.Org

TDE ECR 2.75 CCW & CW (11/23-24)

RUQWIKR

Howdy y'all. My plan is to bring the Datsun out Sunday. Seems like it shouldn't be that challenging of a drive for me. I just have to get up I35 to Denton and then it should be an easy drive from there.  

Hope I can catch some rides and do parade laps in the Datsun. 

On 11/23/2019 at 1:50 PM, Dave said:

Howdy y'all. My plan is to bring the Datsun out Sunday. Seems like it shouldn't be that challenging of a drive for me. I just have to get up I35 to Denton and then it should be an easy drive from there.  

Hope I can catch some rides and do parade laps in the Datsun. 

beautiful car!!!

1 hour ago, clifton23 said:

beautiful car!!!

Thanks! 

Well I didn't know they weren't giving rides this weekend. Doh. Oh well. I did the parade laps and chatted with some folks I hadn't seen in a while, so that was fun.

That was the furthest I've been from home in the datsun. If you didn't know, the car was super unreliable most of the time I've had it so that was a leap of faith for me. lol. But the car did great. No problems at all. This is the first time I've even roughly calculated the mpg. So this trip I was at 3500 rpm @ 60 mph most of the time and that got me 20 mpg. 

Anyway, the track looks fantastic. Very smooth. We did parade laps "backwards" on the 2.7. There were so many blind corners that it reminded me of Hallett backwards. 

Good to see the few people I still know out there.