Sign in to follow this  
RUQWIKR

TDE ECR 2.75 CCW & CW (11/23-24)

19 hours ago, RUQWIKR said:

Registration is open.  I just signed up.  Looking forward to the big track and both directions!

https://thedriversedge.net/registration/step1.aspx?eventid=240

Super tempted. I am very likely to be there. Only driven there once, and loved it. Even with the previous smoothness factor of the surface being equivalent to the moon.

Silky....smooth.....Sam likes to touch the track, we've had to warn him a few times...when the grid marshall isn't looking Sam gets out there and rolls around on it, yes, it's that smooth! Smooth to the point of no graining on my slicks - they came off looking like brand new... LOL!

53 minutes ago, Captain Buddha said:

Silky....smooth.....Sam likes to touch the track, we've had to warn him a few times...when the grid marshall isn't looking Sam gets out there and rolls around on it, yes, it's that smooth! Smooth to the point of no graining on my slicks - they came off looking like brand new... LOL!

Sam likes touching the runoffs too. A lot. ;)

Lack of tire wear is amazing. The tires come off looking polished.

1 hour ago, El_Tortuga said:

Sam likes touching the runoffs too. A lot. 😉

Lack of tire wear is amazing. The tires come off looking polished.

I made it through the entire Time Trial and Enduro without dropping a single tire off track (well, at least no more than one at a time for sure). That brings my average down to one off every 3 sessions, I'm batting over .650!

Innnnnnnnnnnnnn…..structing!  Both directions on the new section - dang! 

51 minutes ago, dbyrd said:

Innnnnnnnnnnnnn…..structing!  Both directions on the new section - dang! 

Rick just sent out a message saying only CCW now.  Daniel, sign up to right seat me if you don't have someone lined up.

Too bad we're not running both directions, but that's a lot to learn for folks in one weekend.  Looking forward to sitting in your right seat...or left! 

This is one of the only weekends that don't overlap with the other groups I run with, but I've never run with TDE. Is it worth trying to instruct with them or would they make me go through a bunch of hoops (I've got no problems with check rides, but I don't want to have to pay for the weekend)? 

I'm MSF level 2 certified and coach/instruct with Porsche Club, BMW Club, SCCA, APEX, Edge Addicts, Park Place Experience, and ECR. TDE is the only group I haven't run with since I've had a schedule conflict on one or both days with every event they've had for the past 2 years.

TDE is not going to let you instruct if they do not know you. You have to do things their way, It's their show.

Where do you live in Grapevine? I live at Kimball and Dove. 

2 minutes ago, Stan Culpepper said:

TDE is not going to let you instruct if they do not know you. You have to do things their way, It's their show.

Where do you live in Grapevine? I live at Kimball and Dove. 

I live off N. Dove in the Dove Creek Apartments.  I'm at the point where I don't need to deal with a bunch of hassle to coach with one more group, I'm at the track nearly every weekend already. I don't think I'd make more than one or two weekends with them a year, unless I dropped a different group to run with them.

You live right around the corner from me. I eat at Manny's Tex Mex for lunch several times a week, Meet me for lunch next week

If you get hooked up with TDE you will probably drop the others; many instructors do. TDE is a very polished HPDE. I raced all kinds of stuff over the years and after I retired racing I started coaching. TDE made me a much better driver, racer, instructor than I ever was when I was racing and thought I knew it all. If you can get on with TDE you will be surprised how much you learn. Its a whole different level than sitting in the right seat and keeping someone safe and teaching them some basics. The group of instructors at TDE really sharpen each other.

It's all about the people and where you fit in. There are great people in at all the different events. 

13 hours ago, Stan Culpepper said:

If you get hooked up with TDE you will probably drop the others; many instructors do...

Ummm Sams a thirsty dude. Don't think TDE offers >60 days / year in DFW area. I thought I was doing well at over 25 days/year.

3 hours ago, El_Tortuga said:

Ummm Sams a thirsty dude. Don't think TDE offers >60 days / year in DFW area. I thought I was doing well at over 25 days/year.

I think I'm going to hit 40 track days in 2019, I might have made it to 50 if ECR hadn't been shutdown for so long and a couple of the events I went to didn't get rained out.

I'm already on the hook for 9 SCCA Time Trials, 10 ECR OTD's, 8 APEX events, 6-7 PCA Events (2 days each), and 2-3 BMW events (also 2 day events) for 2020. I'm already going to have a few double bookings and overlapping event weekends, I was just looking to fill in one or two weekends without events.

I'll be there Sunday. Excited to see how the changes have shaken out!

I will be there.  Should be fun.

Weather forecast now has taken the rain out from Saturday.  Let's hope it stays that way!

Just heard back from TDE, they said I checked out but they were full on instructors for this weekend. Dean recommended that I sign up for a future event to spend a weekend with them and get to know the process. Very reasonable, but I'm pretty hesitant to pay for track time with a new group when I could just as easily instruct with one of the 6 other groups without the additional cost (especially since all TDE events are two day events and run more on the expensive side).

I keep thinking about just getting an instructor membership at ECR, their terms are appealing and a few private instructing sessions a year could cover the dues...

Anyway, looks like I'm out for the weekend. I guess I can catch up on all the boring stuff I've been putting off with all my track time. I'll have to wait until the SCCA Time Trial on Dec. 7th for my next fix (Dec 14th ECR OTD for my next trip to the Italian Canyon). I guess I'll have to swap the track tires for my dailies (2nd time this year).

17 hours ago, clifton23 said:

In.  Looking forward to the road atlanta esses

Weather looks pretty good, excited to try the new surface and layout!

2 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Weather looks pretty good, excited to try the new surface and layout!

alright, alright, alright