Jump to content
Solo_S14

Houston Collisions

Recommended Posts

Why do 30 tow trucks line up for single / 2 vehicle collisions on the freeway?  I haven’t seen that anywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post

I believe they get paid by the tow. What happens is all of the drivers throw a chip into a hat and then someone pulls a chip. Whoever the chip indicates, gets the tow. This was explained to be by a former patient who was a tow driver. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, strengthrehab said:

I believe they get paid by the tow. What happens is all of the drivers throw a chip into a hat and then someone pulls a chip. Whoever the chip indicates, gets the tow. This was explained to be by a former patient who was a tow driver. 

This

And it also entitles them to drive like fucking maniacs to get there first, nearly causing accidents along the way. #Houstonthings

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, strengthrehab said:

I believe they get paid by the tow. What happens is all of the drivers throw a chip into a hat and then someone pulls a chip. Whoever the chip indicates, gets the tow. This was explained to be by a former patient who was a tow driver. 

Why not do a first come first serve deal?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, strengthrehab said:

I believe they get paid by the tow. What happens is all of the drivers throw a chip into a hat and then someone pulls a chip. Whoever the chip indicates, gets the tow. This was explained to be by a former patient who was a tow driver. 

You fkn kidding me?  I assumed it was some stupid deal like (guy calls insurance), (insurance calls dispatch), (driver is already onsite to claim tow).....but it’s a fkn literal draw???

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Solo_S14 said:

You fkn kidding me?  I assumed it was some stupid deal like (guy calls insurance), (insurance calls dispatch), (driver is already onsite to claim tow).....but it’s a fkn literal draw???

That's what I heard, but I can't confirm nor deny officially. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hey and maybe all the commotion and flashing lights will cause more accidents from rubberneckers and idiots - therefore creating additional tow work on the spot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Hollywood said:

This

And it also entitles them to drive like fucking maniacs to get there first, nearly causing accidents along the way. #Houstonthings

this is what pisses me off the most.  I've seen those idiots running red lights, passing on the shoulder, driving across a freaking raised and landscaped median and then UPSTREAM in traffic so they can get around a line at a light!  I really wish city would crack down on that ish.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...