Sign in to follow this  
SikedSyko

T3PA Pro Brake Setup?

Does anyone here use the T3PA Pro pedals? I have mine setup with the conical brake mod on the brake pedal, but for the life of me I can't find settings that give me confidence in the brakes.

Driving in iRacing, right now its mostly Mazda Cup. I've made tons of adjustment to the brake mod and the in-game settings, but I just can't get it to a place where I can feel the brakes out accurately. Do I just need to get used to it with a ton of seat time? Or am I just retarded?

What are you coming from? If just spring loaded pedal then you're gonna have to get used to the brake mod, but it could also be that the brake mod sucks , dunno? I use g920 which doesn't have fancy pedals, but upgraded to nixim springs with the rubber plug in brake pedal. I short calibrated the brake to a reasonable pressure to allow good modulation at threshold/trail. If I calibrate by using all the available travel/max force I have to use way too much force just to barely reach threshold brake (not ideal). 

You're just gonna have to calibrate to taste, but set threshold (~75%) somewhere that feels natural to you. From there your brain will figure it out in a few days.

This is the first sim racing setup I've had.... So only comparison is actual cars lol.

I guess I hadn't tried changing the threshold to only use part of the pedal travel. I'll play around with that tonight.