Sign in to follow this  
BobKid

Maverick PCA Oct 19-20

6 minutes ago, El_Tortuga said:

Maybe. Maybe not. I have barfing tendencies when not driving, and its exacerbated by the need to look in the wrong places (drivers eyes, mirrors, etc) to be a good instructor/coach (2 different things). I am taking bonine when instructing and it helps. Some use ear patches too. Some tracks are better, some are worse.  Some cars with a lot of roll and poor visibility are tough. Just a few minutes of quiet recovery time between session is HUGE. Super grip and/or power can put me on tilt in a New York minute if the driver is rough. When you are with a driver you can trust, its a LOT of fun. Its really cool when you can see the connections being made and the lights coming on. Its this magic that brings me back.

In any case, work on you. With experience and progression you'll figure out if this is your game or other sports beacon.

I hope this is my game....  I've done spent the price of a new GT between the car, garage lift, trailer and tooling.  I kind of went neck deep already.  

1 minute ago, Talley said:

I hope this is my game....  I've done spent the price of a new GT between the car, garage lift, trailer and tooling.  I kind of went neck deep already.  

One thing is for sure. This is a learned skill. If you want it and are willing to work at it, you'll be good.

10 hours ago, El_Tortuga said:

One thing is for sure. This is a learned skill. If you want it and are willing to work at it, you'll be good.

Yup I want to and I'm willing to do anything it takes (other than autoX 😛...)  Ya'll really are a good bunch and I appreciate the feedback.  Now lets get back onto times....

I've been tracking the #18 car Team Vorshlag...  1:40.9x to about 1:42's....   I have set my goal is to run with him.  I have a looong way to go!

Main thing is this - get your a$$ on track! No matter where it is, get it on track! Get good instruction and eat it up like a sponge! Once you've been soloed I would still recommend having an instructor...it will help you progress to the next level...and try different instructors as well, we all have our own styles / reference points (we all drive different cars, for the most part).

On 10/21/2019 at 9:57 AM, Captain Buddha said:

I knew I was missing something when I track my C7Z!! LOL!!

What should I wear when I track the Grandpillac CTS-V?? You know, to complete the look?

Grandpillac-CTS-V.thumb.jpg.fd2c88b3d439c01f40ca363b8049091d.jpg

White velcro sneakers... but i digress....

GREAT discussion guys... Wish i had been there!

3 hours ago, SAD said:

White velcro sneakers... but i digress....

GREAT discussion guys... Wish i had been there!

The best thing was, Yellow and White run groups usually went out with only 6-7 cars per session all weekend.  If Green and Blue groups, but we had lots of open track for our sessions.