Solo_S14

TDE Oct 5-6th on the 3.1

Me - was hoping for some October weather, but, it looks like above normal temps still.

Nice.  I’ll be there in the crappy red Miata with plywood and plastic hanging off the ends.  Yellow group + sharing with another guy in green.  Come say hi.

I'm in - BRZ got some proper slicks (rich people cast offs) that I'm anxious to try.

Haley is driving too. First time on track in the the Miata as well. Learning curve for her may be a little steep compared to her WRX - ABS? Nope. AWD? None. Traction control? Your right foot. Torque? Enough to open a 20oz coke maybe?  

It really is too bad that we don’t have track RV’s / tow pigs.  We should look into that...

1 hour ago, Solo_S14 said:

It really is too bad that we don’t have track RV’s / tow pigs.  We should look into that...

My truck is my tow pig, but it'll be hauling the BRZ 👍

51 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

My truck is my tow pig, but it'll be hauling the BRZ 👍

No sir, you misunderstand.  Picture this, except way shittier:

A9659C25-DAD6-474A-ABD8-D65994F1CE5F.jpeg.36a5194948403579ff540c607d29609e.jpeg

I'll be there.  

Speaking of tow pigs..  One of my best students ever will be there this weekend in his school bus converted RV tow rig.  He will be in a red e46 m3, good stuff!

image.png.11f4d43308002c1195111d7228cd35c9.png

I'm just...I can't even...how did I not know...have to find a bus now...Jake is growing so fast, by next week he'll be ready to ride the HoonBus...

1000745971_JakeatTrack.thumb.jpg.657905cf3b12d874ae2e88d7204b1f0d.jpg

4 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

I'm just...I can't even...how did I not know...have to find a bus now...Jake is growing so fast, by next week he'll be ready to ride the HoonBus...

1000745971_JakeatTrack.thumb.jpg.657905cf3b12d874ae2e88d7204b1f0d.jpg

Clearly my goofy distractions to try and get him to look at the camera, failed.

1 minute ago, clifton23 said:

Clearly my goofy distractions to try and get him to look at the camera, failed.

They got me! I was laughing. Clearly you dance like the average white guy tech nerd :P

This is how I attended the last event (squint at the roll bar).  Upgrading to having a co-driver take the wheels in his daily 328i, but unfortunately I don’t think he can do 2 sets plus gear in the car.

4D659818-2F72-4DA2-95EE-02363C27CB37.thumb.jpeg.f8f243a9ddeb0014a55c7ec42fcea4dc.jpeg

I have an enclosed trailer - gathering dust most of the time - leftover from my drag racing days.  So much easier just to drive and go play then drive home on the same tires.  I'm sure I'm giving up some life with heat cycles.  I can fit four (or five) wheels / tires in my piggie and change at the track.  Started with the road courses in early 2017 - since then, have towed once per calendar year including this year.