robertcope

October Member Day(s)

47 minutes ago, robertcope said:

Weather forecast still looking amazing:

image.thumb.png.93b1ce0384ad97978f4bc2efed8e0712.png

I know, I'm almost tempted to bring out the Type R....

32 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

I know, I'm almost tempted to bring out the Type R....

do it so I can drive it. 

Just got home from Galveston, car is still up on jacks...heads up, going to be a little late (goal is 9am). Plenty’ O members to go around though.

Amazing time once again (yeah ok my 2nd time) but still amazing!

Huge thanks to Hollywood for the sponsorship once again and it was great to meet you guys and lady in and out of track!

i hope I didn’t “bother” anyone on track. I get a bit aggressive with track driving sometimes and if I did then my apologies.

First - HUGE hat tip to @robertcope, thanks for letting me membership-mooch for the morning 😉

Agreed @Paladin- fantastic time! Fantastic weather! And great people to boot 😉

My car likes the lower temps, and I am in love with my "new to me" pirelli scrubs.  They are made from Unicorn pelts, or something else magic...I obliterated my personal best by multiple seconds 😀

8 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

First - HUGE hat tip to @robertcope, thanks for letting me membership-mooch for the morning 😉

Agreed @Paladin- fantastic time! Fantastic weather! And great people to boot 😉

My car likes the lower temps, and I am in love with my "new to me" pirelli scrubs.  They are made from Unicorn pelts, or something else magic...I obliterated my personal best by multiple seconds 😀

Joe you have built an amazing track car! Hats off to you Sir!

47 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Joe you have built an amazing track car! Hats off to you Sir!

You're too kind sir,  thank you !

Fun day. Somehow my AIM data is all jacked up, kinda sad about that. But the car ran good, the trailer towed well, and it was fun hanging out with everyone, so I'll call it a win.

Thanks again guys, these days are a good bit of fun, especially this time of year.  The Miata limped all the way home on 3 legs after spinning an eccentric bolt on the FR. Consider that a win.  Looking forward to the next one.

I think next time it would be a good idea to get some telemetry data as well...no clue what I was running when I was not drifting, but I was able to keep up closely for 2 laps with the single seaters so it should not be that bad

perfect day! awesome hanging with you all. got to do some drift sessions with some used up tires on the s2k (and spin it too) complete with rad hangs for half a day. not bad for really only planning to go to deliver an engine 😎

when do we wanna do the next one? 

16 hours ago, Paladin said:

I think next time it would be a good idea to get some telemetry data as well...no clue what I was running when I was not drifting, but I was able to keep up closely for 2 laps with the single seaters so it should not be that bad

The lap I was behind you, you were running roughly 1:44 +/-      you're looking good out there, that car is a beast and has a lot in it.    

1 minute ago, Hollywood said:

perfect day! awesome hanging with you all. got to do some drift sessions with some used up tires on the s2k (and spin it too) complete with rad hangs for half a day. not bad for really only planning to go to deliver an engine 😎

I'm DTF whenever!  That was totes fun.   

An oddly large amount of really slow people on track yesterday tho.  Kind of strange. 

In spite of that I managed some 39's on used up Toyo RR's, look to be on track per data to hit a 37 come January with some sticker hoosiers. 

14 minutes ago, lobster said:

An oddly large amount of really slow people on track yesterday tho.  Kind of strange. 

That crew is usually karting, that's the first I've seen them on track on a member day. Guessing one of the wrapped GTR/R8/GT2 became a member and they were doing the same thing we were, minus any previous experience....

18 minutes ago, lobster said:

In spite of that I managed some 39's on used up Toyo RR's, look to be on track per data to hit a 37 come January with some sticker hoosiers. 

😳🥴...37...I was stoked on my 1:45 haha! There has to be more in the car (in me really ;)! 

Also, Yeah - what was up with the Pikachu Type r and the yellow porsche out there coming to a stop at each corner like it was an intersection ?

30 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

😳🥴...37...I was stoked on my 1:45 haha!

There’s still a “5” after my 1: in the Miata, so don’t feel bad 😂

Although, I guess there was a “4” when you let me rip the BRZ that one session, so thanks again for that!

53 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

Am I correctly reading the schedule when it says the next weekend date open to members is November 23rd?

(besides the 3rd with teen driver school from 10-2, and the “Lemons Weekend”, which I assume they meant to color red?)

25 minutes ago, Solo_S14 said:

Am I correctly reading the schedule when it says the next weekend date open to members is November 23rd?

(besides the 3rd with teen driver school from 10-2, and the “Lemons Weekend”, which I assume they meant to color red?)

The teen school doesn't impact the track, so that's the next member day available. After that it is the 23rd. And yeah, the Lemons Weekend should be red.