This board will be going into read-only mode in about a week. After that, no new posts will be allowed. See this post for more: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/7871-the-end-of-an-era-is-upon-us/

This board will be going into read-only mode in about a week. After that, no new posts will be allowed. See this post for more: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/7871-the-end-of-an-era-is-upon-us/

snakeeyes1

H2R Track Record

Frederico is heading out there I think this weekend with a '73 911 that might be able to beat that. If not, his Boxster is definitely close. I think if he lets me drive it, I might be able to get that time beat. I wouldn't put any money on it, though. That's pretty damn fast.

-Michael

Ambitious, I'll be there to watch.

wow that's fast. but i thought some of my PCA buddies ran faster than that? Is this an actual member record only, or the real record? I think i have the fastest miata time there with a 1:26.268, but since i'm not a member it's not "official" which i could care less, just sayin'. i think my buddies gts4 class 993 ran 1:22's in june. Btw, anybody know what the fastest spec miata has put down there recently?

I haven't seen Brian at the track in about two years, is that his old time or a new time?

old time, he hasn't been back since... he's in cali now for a bit for work. that time was put down when the track was new, and supposedly was the track record for a bit. i'm sure the track has got a lot faster since he's been there.

old time, he hasn't been back since... he's in cali now for a bit for work. that time was put down when the track was new, and supposedly was the track record for a bit. i'm sure the track has got a lot faster since he's been there.

A little slower from my experience.

wow that's fast. but i thought some of my PCA buddies ran faster than that? Is this an actual member record only, or the real record? I think i have the fastest miata time there with a 1:26.268, but since i'm not a member it's not "official" which i could care less, just sayin'. i think my buddies gts4 class 993 ran 1:22's in june. Btw, anybody know what the fastest spec miata has put down there recently?

Bassam ran a 1:22.8 there in June with his Porsche.

All this talk makes me want to get a set of R100's for the Mustang and give it a try. It's probably capable of 22's on nittos. Hopefully I will have it ready by October.

I think i have the fastest miata time there with a 1:26.268, but since i'm not a member it's not "official" which i could care less, just sayin'.

Member status is not an issue for this discussion IMO. But it does not matter anyway, since I am headed out there tomorrow to beat your record, you and your little 4-cylinder turbo motor :P

Vipers running in the 1:20s? Wow... I presume they were race trim cars with race tires?

Member status is not an issue for this discussion IMO. But it does not matter anyway, since I am headed out there tomorrow to beat your record, you and your little 4-cylinder turbo motor :P

Vipers running in the 1:20s? Wow... I presume they were race trim cars with race tires?

I'm still confuseled about how all these big HP numbers are only buyin' yall about a quarter second over a stock motored NC ;)

Anyway - re the Vipers, I think they're probably just ACR models - probably DOT legal slicks and not much else. The aero on those things from the factory is nuts, and the power is crazy. I'm pretty sure many of us could drive one from showrrom to H2R and hit 22s without much effort if the ballz hold out.

Another great day at Harris Hill. I set a new fast lap time today this afternoon about 2pm going CW. 1:25.64. That is 0.9 seconds off of my previous best. So I get to retain the top Miata time a bit longer, at least until spoolin gets back there.

Quick! Nice run :)

Lap times for the bikes today on the beacons...

Lars Ramson GSXR 1000 @ 1:21.08

Keith Hertell Yamaha R6 @ 1:22.04

15 Year old Brandon Altmeyer CBR 600 @1:22.54

Me and my buddies made a pack of angry 450 dirtbikes and were doin 30's flat. Four and five wide... fun by the ton.

Got to love days that are not 105 degrees at the Hill.

Very cool. I raced on Keith's CMRA endurance team several years ago. I am not surprised he was able to turn such a low time since he is quite fast. I have been wondering what a fast lap time would be at H2R on a bike and now I know. I presume they were on race tires?

Me and my buddies made a pack of angry 450 dirtbikes and were doin 30's flat. Four and five wide... fun by the ton.

Got to love days that are not 105 degrees at the Hill.

Thanks, Chris. Those are fast times and make for a great car vs. bike comparison.