Talley

generator use allowed?

what is the rules for generators at the track? i will be bringing an enclosed trailer and wanting to run a small inverter style 2kw to run some fans is all. 

is this allowed?

8 hours ago, Talley said:

what is the rules for generators at the track? i will be bringing an enclosed trailer and wanting to run a small inverter style 2kw to run some fans is all. 

is this allowed?

I've never heard of anyone having an issue running a generator at MSRH. I would suggest being polite and running it away from people; ie don't plan to run it under the canopies (which have power already, so that makes no sense).

47 minutes ago, robertcope said:

I've never heard of anyone having an issue running a generator at MSRH. I would suggest being polite and running it away from people; ie don't plan to run it under the canopies (which have power already, so that makes no sense).

Ok Thank you.  Sorry but I've never been there before but my first event is TDE 9/14-15.  I'm still unclear of the whole parking situation for the trailers and such.  I got a map from TDE but it made it seem that you have to park the trailer in one spot and the cars must go in another.  I know I'll figure things out when I get there but didn't want to haul anymore than I have to since I'm towing with a 1/2 ton.

Hopefully this will help a bit. I put this together a while back for someone else who was asking about parking; this time I added the "trailer parking" area. I'm not sure if it's official trailer parking but it's where people seem to put their trailers. I see some people just keep their cars over there too, but not often since it ends up being a ways from the grid and clubhouse.

coyRONB.jpg

I'll have to keep an eye out for the Mustang next weekend and say hi.

No worries running a generator at a racetrack - every track I’ve been to with the motorhome / trailer setup = moho generator running unless there’s 50 amp power nearby (some tracks do have that, usually for a fee). Any big pro-style transporter (ie - 18 wheeler / stacker) is running their genset. I’ve routinely run the genset at MSRH.

and to think I just wanna run my little ol 1800w inverter thats quiet as can be.

It all comes down to how TDE has their layout done.  Not sure if I'll be parking by the trailer or staging it closer.  

Running your generator isn't a big deal, as we've said. TDE packs a crowd, which is why they ask for trailers to be parked away from the "prime" parking. It's not a big deal to hang out by the trailer, lots of people do it. You don't have to, of course. I can't honestly say that I've ever seen anyone running a generator that didn't have an enclosed trailer or something similar, which is what makes this a bit of an odd discussion. In the end, just make sure you're being kind to your neighbors, who probably don't want to listen to a generator run all weekend; or not, I guess.

1 hour ago, robertcope said:

Running your generator isn't a big deal, as we've said. TDE packs a crowd, which is why they ask for trailers to be parked away from the "prime" parking. It's not a big deal to hang out by the trailer, lots of people do it. You don't have to, of course. I can't honestly say that I've ever seen anyone running a generator that didn't have an enclosed trailer or something similar, which is what makes this a bit of an odd discussion. In the end, just make sure you're being kind to your neighbors, who probably don't want to listen to a generator run all weekend; or not, I guess.

It is an odd question.  Mostly because I'm 100% newb never been to any track other than the dragstrip.  This will be my first time there.  

27 minutes ago, Talley said:

It is an odd question.  Mostly because I'm 100% newb never been to any track other than the dragstrip.  This will be my first time there.  

Fair enough! Just remember that everyone there is your friend. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

MSRH has a giant paddock area that's not visible in that image above, it's circled in red below.  It's typically pretty empty for TDE weekends.  I actually like parking over there along with a few buddies as you I like to have my truck/trailer/car all in the same spot and this lets me do that without taking up prime space others could be using.  If you want to be social or think you'll be back and forth to the front area a lot a bike or something isn't a bad idea, it's a bit of a trek in the summer heat.

image.png.5c6acf9a34e855bba6eab7e3ac2d068f.png

10 hours ago, JoshEE said:

MSRH has a giant paddock area that's not visible in that image above, it's circled in red below.  It's typically pretty empty for TDE weekends.  I actually like parking over there along with a few buddies as you I like to have my truck/trailer/car all in the same spot and this lets me do that without taking up prime space others could be using.  If you want to be social or think you'll be back and forth to the front area a lot a bike or something isn't a bad idea, it's a bit of a trek in the summer heat.

image.png.5c6acf9a34e855bba6eab7e3ac2d068f.png

Nice, thanks for the tip.  I'll have to check it out.  I would think that is what people want.  I'll have all my tools and stuff in the trailer in case they are needed.  At the drag strips you park next to the trailer and you have everything there.  Same for mile events.

I'll figure it all out on Friday night though.