Sign in to follow this  
BigMonkey73

TDE @ ECR 1.6 on 09/07 & 09/08

out - not paying to run a track I already am a member at...not exactly "happy" about that...

TDE is the only group I don't race with, but the new ECR 1.6 is tons of fun. I'm going to do MSR 3.1 with APEX on Saturday, maybe I should see if they need extra instructors (I'm not sure if they'd just let me in, I'm certified with all the other groups but TDE does their own thing).

28 minutes ago, BRZ4Science said:

TDE is the only group I don't drive with, but the new ECR 1.6 is tons of fun. I'm going to do MSR 3.1 with APEX on Saturday, maybe I should see if they need extra instructors (I'm not sure if they'd just let me in, I'm certified with all the other groups but TDE does their own thing).

FTFY.

Seriously though, I've always secretly admired Rick's cult / DE group. Not sure what it is, but he's figured it out to great success 😃

Hope to drive the new config soon, looks like a wonderful upgrade.

I like TDE but as I've developed my own skills it's made their focus on structure and education lose out on my desire to relax and fuck off at a HPDE. 

BTW: when I first started, I really did enjoy running with - and learning from - TDE. Honestly, at this stage, I really don't enjoy HPDE, once you've tasted blood (racing) it's hard to go back...I'll tell you, I seriously dig Chin's setup though - as do a bunch of other racers - especially the "Happy Hour" format at the end of each day! Along with the ability to run multiple run groups. The only reason I'll do HPDE is for testing / endurance for actual racing, and usually it's just for endurance reasons (ie - as much time in that dad gum hotbox / "the hole"<----punishment box from prison, but you knew that, as I can stand LOL!!).

21 hours ago, lobster said:

I like TDE but as I've developed my own skills it's made their focus on structure and education lose out on my desire to relax and fuck off at a HPDE. 

It's easy, just skip the class parts - you can read Ross Bently's "Speed Secrets" on your own anyway. They'll take your money all the same - It just happens that's where a bunch of my friends run. The track time per dollar return is lower with Rick's events than with Chin, but there is still a "tribe/cult" following. Doesn't hurt that he's a genuinely nice guy :)

I'd be there this weekend at ECR, but I'm moving next week, and have too much packing to do.

On 9/5/2019 at 2:23 PM, lobster said:

Be my instructor. It’ll be a bit different than instructing your typical novice student, given that I have a decent amount of track time but still don’t know what the hell is going on. And the fact that I can’t hear shit in my car lol. 

Wifey and I cruised out there in the Z Saturday afternoon, looked like a great turnout!

Missed this today! Car developed issues with oil catch can system Saturday, and also one of my front tires chunked..no time to fix both before morning to make the drivers meeting and go run.

Will catch the next one!