Sign in to follow this  
nealb

New Spec NC

I sat in the conference call and presentation for about 25 minutes before I checked out.

It's a long ways off but I'm excited to see them at least giving some attention to the future. Relative to the NB chassis, the NCs are still too cost prohibitive. Top prep builds are going to be in the 40s easily..

how much bb? 

7 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

On that note I have a pristine 2008 NC donor with 37k miles on it for sale!

So I gave it a hard look and finally decided not quite yet

1) The big series races were either on the East Coast or West Coast. Towing costs woulda been bananas which woulda left me running in mixed class NASA or SCCA locally or paying $$$ to go out to the coast.

2) Just didn't see other people interested...

3) The build costs were getting close to an ND1 MX5 Cup car.   Once I'm in that neighborhood I'd rather go get free tickets to an Indycar weekend at the same time.  If I ever wanna make a more expensive step than spec miata, it'll be there.   NC prices just aren't down there quite yet when you consider the cost of the donor.

54 minutes ago, Vinnieb said:

1) The big series races were either on the East Coast or West Coast. Towing costs woulda been bananas which woulda left me running in mixed class NASA or SCCA locally or paying $$$ to go out to the coast.

3) The build costs were getting close to an ND1 MX5 Cup car.   Once I'm in that neighborhood I'd rather go get free tickets to an Indycar weekend at the same time.  If I ever wanna make a more expensive step than spec miata, it'll be there.   NC prices just aren't down there quite yet when you consider the cost of the donor.

Oh totally, I think this is years off. That being said, I remember when SM was mixed class racing regionally and the NB was cost prohibitive as a donor 🙂

I think this will be where it goes over the next 10 years. I’m just happy its going to have a solid foundation/regs/framework.

12 hours ago, Vinnieb said:

Yeah. This class ain't taking of until spec miata dies off. 

mark my words boys....

the donors gettin cheaper and cheaper...she a’comin

esp when you consider the cost of pointy end NB builds, this ain’t far off.