Paladin

My first Corvette Ever C6 Z06

16 hours ago, Talley said:

Seems like a heavy clutch setup.  My "street car" is a dedicated track car which I also use to go get coffee on the weekends or an occasional milk run.

Real street.... i mean track cars use solid hub discs.  Still street able of course.  I also learned power means pretty much nothing in the terms of fast laptimes and it's all driver.  I inspire to be as fast as lobster one day.... I'm "think" my car is almost as quick but the driver is sadly behind.

My clutch is a lightweight design from spec which I'm installing new since I just upgraded the trans to a level 2 (only since I broke the synchro keyway)  and the new pressure plate is billet aluminum so I'll reduce the weight a further 4lbs.  Flywheel is billet aluminum that weighs 12lbs vs the stock steel unit at 22.

Everything done to this car is for the track.... but it's still a tagged street car.  Not sure how much that clutch setup weighs but it seems heavy.

20190929_165921582_iOS.jpg

Your clutch is really hard to use on the street due to your disks. Lots of jerkiness and vibration I am guessing and probably car stalls if you don’t keep the revs up but totally appropriate for track use.

My Z06 is actually my daily driver thus why I am cautious in the selection of parts. Power is there for the fun of it and in the words of Voltaire "with great power comes great responsibility"..lol... I am not going crazy with race spec as I am waiting for a track car to be delivered next year but I do like my daily driver to be a potent car both on turns and straight if I feel like driving to Mexico for some straight line fun.

As Hollywood can probably vouch for (as an external observer) myself and the Z06 for first time on track...we got along decently together. 

14 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Cant wait to see how amazing this car is when completed!

:popcorm1:

So am I!😋😂

12 hours ago, Paladin said:

Your clutch is really hard to use on the street due to your disks. Lots of jerkiness and vibration I am guessing and probably car stalls if you don’t keep the revs up but totally appropriate for track use.

My Z06 is actually my daily driver thus why I am cautious in the selection of parts. Power is there for the fun of it and in the words of Voltaire "with great power comes great responsibility"..lol... I am not going crazy with race spec as I am waiting for a track car to be delivered next year but I do like my daily driver to be a potent car both on turns and straight if I feel like driving to Mexico for some straight line fun.

As Hollywood can probably vouch for (as an external observer) myself and the Z06 for first time on track...we got along decently together. 

Good deal.  You seem to be a bit more experienced than me with a car having power and turn capability.  What kind of dedicated track car are you working to get?  For the clutch, yes you have to rev to about 2,000 to start off but I've manged to do quite well with it.  I've got the shifts down but very jerky trying to cruise around in a neighborhood at a 35mph speed.  You really have to be aware of the throttle.

I love corvettes too so hopefully I can get a chance to see yours and lobsters in person to really see them haul ass.

5 hours ago, Talley said:

Good deal.  You seem to be a bit more experienced than me with a car having power and turn capability.  What kind of dedicated track car are you working to get?  For the clutch, yes you have to rev to about 2,000 to start off but I've manged to do quite well with it.  I've got the shifts down but very jerky trying to cruise around in a neighborhood at a 35mph speed.  You really have to be aware of the throttle.

I love corvettes too so hopefully I can get a chance to see yours and lobsters in person to really see them haul ass.

hope we see you on Sunday at MSRH!😎 I ve had a fair share of racing in Europe for a number of years doing time attacks, hill climbs and a bit of rally cross. owned and raced Radical SR3, Westfield, GT3, M3 CSL as track cars and now I am going to try an ultima hopefully somewhere in 2020. I will not make again the mistake of turning my daily into a race car (my heavily tuned 911TT was like that...at the end weight is always your enemy and soon enough your wife complains and never gets in your car again). as far as power handling is concerned, what I consider fast, for someone else maybe slow ...so its cool! but I am trying to keep a P to W ratio of 2.5 and less irrespective if its my 1800 kg  RS4 (4000lbs) or my 570 kg SR3 (1250lbs). unfortunately family life and work commitments prohibit me from going into competitive racing again, but trackdays and HPDEs and the occasional time attack why not.

I never owned an American car and was really font of having a corvette at some point in my life and coming to the US was a cool opportunity to do so. I could have gotten a GTR  or another 911 again or something that aids a lot the driver (anyone who has driven a GTR is astonished by how that car manages to get traction on its own)  but I really do believe that once I am done with the C6 the driving experience in and out of track will be greatly satisfying (plus I missed the RWD..all these 4x4 sportscars makes you forget how to properly drive). I deliberately chose the C6 Z06 as it was the most recommended version to use on track even against the C7 Z06. maybe I should have picked a cheaper earlier version but..it is what it is! I am just looking forward for the coming Sunday!

I just picked up my trans from the shop today for a stage 2 upgrade and my truck which tows my trailer is also needing some repairs so I need to concentrate on this first so unfortunately I won't be doing any more track events until December.

I would say you have 400x the experience as me.  I have literally 1 hdpe event under my belt and it's been 15 years since I done any kind of autoX in a low powered vehicle.