Sign in to follow this  
Rev

TWS Update with Pics - July 27 2019

TWS Turn 7, my favorite corner I've ever driven, as of July 27, 2019. All that's left is rubble.

TWS7.thumb.jpg.c8b711dcd4a97e763a10c3056c67da3a.jpg

The back straight is gone, replaced by a residential road running parallel twenty or thirty yards to the east of where the straight ran.

TWS7b.thumb.jpeg.e00fc08032dc8acec1633e8bbdc3c14f.jpeg

The old track picks up again on the ascent to turn 8. From there to turn 1 seems generally intact. 

1510310484_TWS7to8.thumb.jpeg.dfa5fe6fe36b703dc81a0f21b80cec8b.jpeg

I took the best looking rubble from T7 I could find as a memento in my garage. 

IMG_6204_sm.thumb.jpeg.f3350b5e5291bfa2985944014f5e54d2.jpeg

Unfortunately, this is as close as the new car will ever get to driving TWS. Would of been nice to get one more shot at it.

2083560166_IntrotoTWS.thumb.jpeg.f1f5dfbc533f8b33307956508819e81a.jpeg

I had a dream last night about this track. There was a true sense of awe and stillness to that place that I have yet to feel anywhere else. It feels like I've lost a family member, and we're going on how many years now?

Go to Daytona...you'll quickly forget about TWS, not being sarcastic, just honest...spent 11 days there for the '15 Runoffs, camped next to Lake Lloyd in the infield...I cruised around that place until 3-4 am quite a few times, smoking a stogie and having a drink...I became "one" with Daytona...I dreamed about that place for MONTHS afterwards....the speed, the banking, the speed...

I've had other dreams...but, um...wrong forum... LOL

As far as rovals go, TMS was actually pretty damn fun.  

Daytona would be neat i imagine. 

Lobster....it's an AMAZING experience!! The history, the track, it's MASSIVE...not sure if NASA races there but you need to give it a shot! There are several track day groups that run there. SCCA also holds races there. I'll be racing there with Trans Am this November, it's always the end of year TA race.

My first DE track event was a 3 day at Daytona.  A friend on an Audi forum said "You can drive your car on Daytona".  I said "Whaaaaaaaaaat Did you Say?".  When he repeated- I signed up and the adventure began.

Drove the RS6 there from Arkansas (15 hours approximately), ran it on track for 3 days.  I had no spare tires, no significant tools, but plenty of water and enthusiasm.  🙂  Drove all night to get to the driver meeting just in time to hear about blend lines and folks running by at 150-170 yada yada yada.  My self preservation voice was screaming at me "Get OUT now! Tell em family emergency, make a mess in your pants,  just get out now!".  I choked the little inner voice and had too much fun.  What a fantastic experience and I hope to get the 996 out there when the stars align.

Daytona 1.jpg

DSC02354.JPG

daytona cover2.jpg