BigMonkey73

C8 Corvette is here! Who among you will be tracking it?

1 hour ago, lobster said:

New c8R makes my pants tight

TMI

On 10/2/2019 at 8:36 PM, lobster said:

New c8R makes my pants tight

But but but.....it's not.......yellow.  Sigh. ☹️

1 hour ago, Pete said:

But but but.....it's not.......yellow.  Sigh. ☹️

The 3 car is the 4 car is silver 

so there’s that 

I think in about 10 years these C8's will be incredible value track cars and by then tons of support/mods for tracking.

I wouldn't mind picking one up then.  But not until then.  I have much to learn and it's too much car for me.

9 hours ago, Talley said:

I think in about 10 years these C8's will be incredible value track cars and by then tons of support/mods for tracking.

I wouldn't mind picking one up then.  But not until then.  I have much to learn and it's too much car for me.

If my C7 is any indication the c6 will remain the king for a while.   It takes a ton of work to keep the car from falling over itself electronically.  I don’t imagine the c8 will be any better.

Cough cough turbo cough cough z06 cough cough

The wife has always hated the Corvette -- she might actually tolerate this one...  

On 10/11/2019 at 10:44 PM, HDA said:

Cough cough turbo cough cough z06 cough cough

No ***t?!?!?! oooooooh! that was the info of the year 🙂 and something to expect to!

and all ready the old pieces of shit at corvette forum are already going on about how it's slower than  a C7 GS, as if any of them could set a lap time on any track faster than a 1987 Ford bronco.   

I'm still super fucking hyped after reading most of the big review sites.

This is the first new car in a long time I've been really excited about and I've never been a massive Corvette fan. Almost makes me want to go out and do something stupid, like put down a deposit. 

3 hours ago, lobster said:

and all ready the old pieces of shit at corvette forum are already going on about how it's slower than  a C7 GS, as if any of them could set a lap time on any track faster than a 1987 Ford bronco.   

Holy high expectations!  Call me arrogant but if its on BFG Mud-Terrains, with '87 original brake fluid, AND running 4x4 Low........I think I could clear it by a couple tenths.  Probably have to downshift out of 7th gear at some point though which is annoying.

On a serious note, after hearing about the 5.5L, FLAT PLANE CRANK, normally aspirated, FLAT PLANE CRANK, C8R, with the FLAT PLANE CRANK, I've lost all interest in the LT2 C8.  I now want one of those FLAT PLANE CRANK thingys, which will help push out a poor financial decision a couple years......hopefully.  

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Holy high expectations!  Call me arrogant but if its on BFG Mud-Terrains, with '87 original brake fluid, AND running 4x4 Low........I think I could clear it by a couple tenths.  Probably have to downshift out of 7th gear at some point though which is annoying.

On a serious note, after hearing about the 5.5L, FLAT PLANE CRANK, normally aspirated, FLAT PLANE CRANK, C8R, with the FLAT PLANE CRANK, I've lost all interest in the LT2 C8.  I now want one of those FLAT PLANE CRANK thingys, which will help push out a poor financial decision a couple years......hopefully.  

GM is gonna have to put the 5.5L flat plane motor in at least 500 production cars if they expect the C8.R to race, I would expect a Grand sport, Z06 or something by 2021.    

10 hours ago, Hollywood said:

"Capable but left us wanting for more" it's the perfect comment for the base car.

Not sure where you read about the production cars needed. I didn't know it was a requirement for the GTLM. I know today they race with a 5.5l which is the limit for N/A cars.

I like this car a lot, and it makes me forget the C7 GS which I think is the best Corvette to date.

1 hour ago, HDA said:

"Capable but left us wanting for more" it's the perfect comment for the base car.

Not sure where you read about the production cars needed. I didn't know it was a requirement for the GTLM. I know today they race with a 5.5l which is the limit for N/A cars.

I like this car a lot, and it makes me forget the C7 GS which I think is the best Corvette to date.

I read that in the rules.    

IMSA uses FIA LM GTE as the homologation authority.    

The C7.R is homologated already ie the 5.5L pushrod V8.  They get away with that because of the LT1, LT4 & LT5 found in the Camaro, Corvette, Silverados & Sierras.  

GM currently has zero flat plane production motors so the C8.R using an entirely different motor will need to find its way in one form or another into production.   

I would extrapolate that information just from the knowledge that GM predominantly manufactures automobiles, that they would install a motor in one of these 4 wheel devices and call it a production car.   Wouldn't make sense if they made a motor and didn't put it in a production car.  

I absolutely LOVE all the farts on CF bemoaning the understeer...blah blah blah...learn how to drive...learn how to transfer the weight...once it's rotated then it's GAME ON - FULL THROTTLE!!

11 minutes ago, Captain Buddha said:

I absolutely LOVE all the farts on CF bemoaning the understeer...blah blah blah...learn how to drive...learn how to transfer the weight...once it's rotated then it's GAME ON - FULL THROTTLE!!

but but but how else will we get the lulz when they exit cars & coffee?