Sign in to follow this  
Dennis

Texas Motor Speedway - The List 07/12/19

safe_image.php?d=AQA0J0Hpg7OSZRSm&w=476&h=249&url=http%3A%2F%2Fucarecdn.com%2F5f10f53d-e65f-4eed-acf4-1877c36433bd%2F-%2Fcrop%2F2667x1501%2F0%2C251%2F-%2Fpreview%2F-%2Fprogressive%2Fyes%2F-%2Foverlay%2F02fca2a5-3394-4759-9dc9-53a55a2cc306%2F20%2525x20%2525%2F20%2C20%2F-%2Fscale_crop%2F1200x630%2Fcenter%2F-%2Fformat%2Fpng%2Fmsr.png&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQCECtcm6oy9AqjU

I'll be giving this a try, just the infield section, need some practice before Nasa goes here.. 

Anybody ever heard of these guys: https://www.facebook.com/thelisthpde/

Just heard it's 7-1.. so half a day instead of a full one, let's see how this goes. 

Image result for texas motor speedway

Course is probably good for street cars with no cage, but the NASCAR front straight configuration is pretty decent.  however for just about anything V8, that results in 150+mph speeds against a concrete wall and the risk is high for injury in cars without a cage..

tmsrc10.png[/img]

When we raced there many years ago with Chumpcar, they pushed us down down onto the apron before we got into T1. With no banking, that seemed to keep the speeds in check. Our top speed was definitely much lower than at Daytona.

I've also raced just that infield section. It was more fun than I expected. It actually flows really well.

I raced there 3-4 times in the 240SX and plan to be there later this year with CVAR in the RX7.  They almost always run the (cone) chicane just about the end of pit lane and force cars onto the apron to take NASCAR T1-2.  I was still doing 135 in the 240SX.... in the rain....   (6500rpm redline in 5th gear with 4.6 rear end). 

wish I had video of that, but it was farking scary when I was following someone.  mostly I just looked out the side window to tell where I was on the track and hoped the people making that cloud in front of me didn't do anything dumb..

hmm... I wanna run that roval and go 160+.  My uncle took my cobra to 165 lap after lap at road america down the long straight.

Okay, back from " The List", definitely a different HPDE! I was there with the only Miata.. I would say 3/4 was Corvette and Camaro. 

10 minute sessions where not too bad with a 30 sec lap time if you had a little bit of experience, but trying to teach the novices something in those 10 minutes.. a bit more would have been helpful. In the Miata the infield course only has 2 braking zones, everything else can be done flat. 

For all heading there with Nasa, the little chicane on the infield straight has concrete runoff that look tempting to cut, but they have some massive potholes in it. 

Image may contain: car and outdoor

On 7/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, Talley said:

hmm... I wanna run that roval and go 160+.  My uncle took my cobra to 165 lap after lap at road america down the long straight.

RA is a blast! TMS will most likely have some Bus Stops put in to keep things in check....not saying for sure but it's highly possible....

On 7/15/2019 at 9:23 AM, Dennis said:

Okay, back from " The List", definitely a different HPDE! I was there with the only Miata.. I would say 3/4 was Corvette and Camaro. 

10 minute sessions where not too bad with a 30 sec lap time if you had a little bit of experience, but trying to teach the novices something in those 10 minutes.. a bit more would have been helpful. In the Miata the infield course only has 2 braking zones, everything else can be done flat. 

For all heading there with Nasa, the little chicane on the infield straight has concrete runoff that look tempting to cut, but they have some massive potholes in it. 

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Nice running with you! I was in the Grey Camo ZL1 1LE - also in the instructor group.