IanIsInGarage

1995 Miata Black and Boosted

Seems like you could use more neg camber -3.5 / -4.0 front -3.0 / -35 rear

Thanks for suggestions. For ducting i've gone fairly extensive in sealing all gaps, but have not start cutting up anything to allow more air flow. For oil cooler I did the Track Dog Racing kit that puts it infront of passenger fender. It allows for clean air.  Before oil cooler I could hit 230F in 2 laps at Harris Hill. Now I"m doing 10+min at COTA before temps start getting high.  Even then I still push until 235F or above 275F oil.  I really do think ideally I need to drop fans completely and V mount.  I've also entertained the idea of doubling the size of oil cooler and retesting. But next event should be cooler temps so I'm curious how ambient affects it as well. For suspension I still lack sway bars which you'll see I still could use for sure.

16 hours ago, IanIsInGarage said:

Thanks for suggestions. For ducting i've gone fairly extensive in sealing all gaps, but have not start cutting up anything to allow more air flow. For oil cooler I did the Track Dog Racing kit that puts it infront of passenger fender. It allows for clean air.  Before oil cooler I could hit 230F in 2 laps at Harris Hill. Now I"m doing 10+min at COTA before temps start getting high.  Even then I still push until 235F or above 275F oil.  I really do think ideally I need to drop fans completely and V mount.  I've also entertained the idea of doubling the size of oil cooler and retesting. But next event should be cooler temps so I'm curious how ambient affects it as well. For suspension I still lack sway bars which you'll see I still could use for sure.

My '95 with the FM2 kit and no oil cooler will run under 220 coolant temps all day at Harris Hill.  I tracked it there for a few years and the new owner has put a few thousand more track miles on it.  Making 220whp, FM radiator and fans, vented hood, ducted front end but all stock openings.   Edited because I see you have the FM radiator and a reroute.  Your temps seem very high, I'd build some nice ducting out of coroplast or similar.  Even just extending the undertray back on mine dropped temps a few degrees, it's wild. 

That's with AC and everything. 

On 7/27/2020 at 9:08 AM, tyhackman15 said:

My '95 with the FM2 kit and no oil cooler will run under 220 coolant temps all day at Harris Hill.  I tracked it there for a few years and the new owner has put a few thousand more track miles on it.  Making 220whp, FM radiator and fans, vented hood, ducted front end but all stock openings.   Edited because I see you have the FM radiator and a reroute.  Your temps seem very high, I'd build some nice ducting out of coroplast or similar.  Even just extending the undertray back on mine dropped temps a few degrees, it's wild. 

That's with AC and everything. 

Hmmmmmn.  Only other difference I can think of is E85 (which should drop temps), and I'm at 250whp 14psi. Also driving habits on track, I tend to murder my cars on the bleeding edge and give them no cares.  Also the day in question at HH was very hot, but I've since made changes to ducting and undertray.  Extending the undertray?  Do you have more details on this.  Also I was considering removing the FM fans and finding 1 stock fan.  The car is 100% track duty now. Might change tune and make her at 220whp; seems like Magic number.

Side note after last track day I pulled plugs and checked compression. Compression is so good it brought a tear to eye; within 2%.  Plugs looked very clean with good ground straps.