turbogrill

Buying a former Playboy Cup (NC) for WRL/Chump?

Other than the transmissions which are fragile, they're pretty good reliable cars and handle "consistently well".   I mean they're still a darn Miata so they handle just fine, but they are consistent so a team of whoever can get in it and drive reasonably well.

However, I'd be concerned about the 'assessed value' or whatever chumpcar wants to call it if you want to play with them.  for WRL, they'd welcome you with open arms and no hassles.  great platform.

25 minutes ago, Matt93SE said:

Other than the transmissions which are fragile, they're pretty good reliable cars and handle "consistently well".   I mean they're still a darn Miata so they handle just fine, but they are consistent so a team of whoever can get in it and drive reasonably well.

However, I'd be concerned about the 'assessed value' or whatever chumpcar wants to call it if you want to play with them.  for WRL, they'd welcome you with open arms and no hassles.  great platform.

Is the 5spd better than 6spd?

They are reasonable "valued" in Chump now, they even allow S2000. Speed creep as been crazy last 3 years.

Only issue might be the tiny 12 gallon fuel tank.

I want something reliable that is easy to drive the crap out of it. Seems like this fits the bill!

If I recall correctly a NC with a 2.5 swap ran up front with WRL, don't know if they won overall,   @Vinnieb knows. 

Not saying you need to put a 2.5 in.. but I need one out of my garage.. 

I've driven a 2.5 NC and it was legit awesome.

2.5 NC campaigned by Noesis decimates all. That being said... super well developed car with pro drivers.

I think these are a great platform for WRL gp2. Would still get to tinker some with aero and engine. Id have rx8 stuff on all 4 corners. Mazda is paying everybody to race these things right now.