robertcope

2001 Honda S2000

This vehicle has a clean title. It has never flooded or been wrecked during my ownership and shows no signs of ever having flooded or wrecked.

This S2000 has 190K miles on it. It has wear and tear appropriate for that level of mileage, but is generally in good shape. It is mechanically very solid; it starts every time without hesitation, it runs strong, and it all works.

This S2000 is largely stock and unmolested, with a few exceptions:

* Fortune Auto 510 coilovers (12K/10K) with Swift springs; properly set up and corner balanced
* Eibach front roll bar
* Billman Timing Chain Tensioner
* Blacktrax baffled oil pan
* ECU from a 2003 model (supposedly Honda re-tuned for more power in 2003)

I've done a few repairs since I have owned in, notably:

* Replaced the clutch with new OEM parts
* Replaced the EPS torque sensor with new OEM part
* Injectors cleaned at InjectorRX
* Optima Yellow Top battery

There are some flaws in the car, in particular:

* Right front fender has clear coat issues, will need to be repainted
* Rear window plastic is foggy, can probably be buffed out
* Front window moulding/trim is coming up; I have all the parts needed to fix this
* Small tear in soft top, could easily be patched
* Car was keyed a few years ago, I have not tried to clean that up

Fresh oil change with OEM filter and Red Line 10W-30 oil. Ready to have some fun!

Comes with some extra parts:

* OEM AP1 wheels (Advanti Storm S1 square setup on the car now)
* AP1 headlights and tailights in good condition
* OEM hood with vents cut out
* Good condition door cards
* Misc other bits, ie spare torque sensor, gauge pod to replace audio controls on the left side of the dash, oil filter lock

I am selling because I just don't drive it enough. In the last year, I've put about a thousand miles on it. I have other cars that fill the same "spot" as this one that I prefer to drive. This is a wonderful car and I'm going to regret selling it, I'm sure, but I just don't need it right now.

I am asking $9500. I believe this is about as cheap as you'll find a decent, clean titled S2000 being sold for.

You can find a complete thread on it here: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/4339-2001-honda-s2000/

Asking $9750. If you're a TJ regular, ping me for TJ pricing.

I really like this car! If only I hadn't bought a motorcycle. GLWS!

$8500 for a TJ. That's about as low as I go before I park it on the road with the keys in it, though.

2 minutes ago, Matt93SE said:

So you're saying I *could* get it for free?

Maybe, but it'd be on camera and reported to police so plan accordingly.

You're also including five years of free housing, food, healthcare, education, all the non-consensual sexors I want, AND a gym membership?  AWESOME!!!!  :D

On 7/2/2019 at 5:48 AM, mtrhed said:

I really like this car! If only I hadn't bought a motorcycle. GLWS!

Which motorcycle?

KTM 790 Adventure. Decided that I couldn't wait any longer to get back into motorcycles. This one will allow me to do some light off-roading.

IMG_20190621_110343EDIT.jpg.7c56a50271a4b25a041a8bdf90c017d2.jpg

On 7/1/2019 at 4:51 PM, robertcope said:

This vehicle has a clean title. It has never flooded or been wrecked during my ownership and shows no signs of ever having flooded or wrecked.

This S2000 has 190K miles on it. It has wear and tear appropriate for that level of mileage, but is generally in good shape. It is mechanically very solid; it starts every time without hesitation, it runs strong, and it all works.

This S2000 is largely stock and unmolested, with a few exceptions:

* Fortune Auto 510 coilovers (12K/10K) with Swift springs; properly set up and corner balanced
* Eibach front roll bar
* Billman Timing Chain Tensioner
* Blacktrax baffled oil pan
* ECU from a 2003 model (supposedly Honda re-tuned for more power in 2003)

I've done a few repairs since I have owned in, notably:

* Replaced the clutch with new OEM parts
* Replaced the EPS torque sensor with new OEM part
* Injectors cleaned at InjectorRX
* Optima Yellow Top battery

There are some flaws in the car, in particular:

* Right front fender has clear coat issues, will need to be repainted
* Rear window plastic is foggy, can probably be buffed out
* Front window moulding/trim is coming up; I have all the parts needed to fix this
* Small tear in soft top, could easily be patched
* Car was keyed a few years ago, I have not tried to clean that up

Fresh oil change with OEM filter and Red Line 10W-30 oil. Ready to have some fun!

Comes with some extra parts:

* OEM AP1 wheels (Advanti Storm S1 square setup on the car now)
* AP1 headlights and tailights in good condition
* OEM hood with vents cut out
* Good condition door cards
* Misc other bits, ie spare torque sensor, gauge pod to replace audio controls on the left side of the dash, oil filter lock

I am selling because I just don't drive it enough. In the last year, I've put about a thousand miles on it. I have other cars that fill the same "spot" as this one that I prefer to drive. This is a wonderful car and I'm going to regret selling it, I'm sure, but I just don't need it right now.

I am asking $9500. I believe this is about as cheap as you'll find a decent, clean titled S2000 being sold for.

You can find a complete thread on it here: https://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/4339-2001-honda-s2000/

Asking $9750. If you're a TJ regular, ping me for TJ pricing.

Robert,  If you sell it to a TJ I have an APR GTC200 for sale that would be the perfect finish.  

I will cut the price to 450 if they buy it with your car.

I think this is one of those cars that you don’t understand its full potential as a fun track car until you know Robert.

the attention he puts to everything he drives to make it reliable is something to be jealous of. This is a sorted car that is 10x more fun than a BRZ and it teaches you how to be a better driver.

the S2000 is a great tool to teach yourself track humility and ass sensitivity.