HDA

Penis extension car

I like 911s. It’s the first car I have driven too.

out of all the base (or better non GT) 911s that I drove (hard), I found the 70s naturally aspirated Cars somehow irrationally dangerous to drive and relatively low speeds.

the 964 (89-94) is my favorite choice because it preserves the irrationally dangerous as above + adds speed. It is the bastard of 911s. I love it.

the 993 took away, or toned down the irrationality. Great car but not as fun as they 964. At all. More of a gran turismo. 

the 996, ah the 996 - what an amazing car it is. Tight, lighter than the 993, modern - I really liked the one that I drove. The water cooled engine is a leap ahead. Too bad they didn’t nail the design.

the 997 S is a fantastic car. More power, looks great, very nice handling, still feels compact etc.

after the 997 they are not 911s anymore, sort of Aston Martin with the engine on the wrong side.

So I bought a 996 Turbo. It happened. Good deal, 67k miles, Manual, sport seats. I always found the Turbos to be the “cars of the reach guy who’s not a 911 purist and just wants to go fast on the straight”. Despising them basically. 

I have been wrong.

I will write more later but, if you are thinking about one: do it.

6D7172C0-F38B-4B45-B9EA-23607977AD3E.jpeg

I had to modify the title to something more appropriate 

WoW congrats. Any 911 turbo is no joke. RWD conversion in the future?

PS: you need to try the GT verities next!

I still lust for the 996 Turbo. it's what I should have bought instead of a Camaro. Next time. Driving my wife's 997 Cab is surprisingly fun, so I could see owning a base 997 Carrera too.

Congrats!

13 hours ago, wind said:

WoW congrats. Any 911 turbo is no joke. RWD conversion in the future?

PS: you need to try the GT verities next!

2 hours ago, KevinDB said:

I still lust for the 996 Turbo. it's what I should have bought instead of a Camaro. Next time. Driving my wife's 997 Cab is surprisingly fun, so I could see owning a base 997 Carrera too.

Congrats!

Thanks!

in my head I am convinced to keep it stock for as long as possible. I already have the 964 as a suicidal machine. Then there is this little voice in my ear telling me to dump $10k in it and do the following:

ECU tune

Remove AWD system (it’s mechanical!)

add LSD

install coilovers and lower control arms from a GT3

The above transforms the car completely into a torquey, 450rwhp tail happy track monster. Like the sister Gt2 basically.

fun fact - does 27mpg at 70mph highway speeds. 

B9E23912-331A-4EB2-98E3-896C0E4705F1.jpeg

3 hours ago, KevinDB said:

Congrats!

Note on the 997 (and base 996) cars, especially on track: I am super paranoid on the IMS issue.

i think if the car has high mileage and is driven on the street you are ok, but the moment you take it on track...

that’s why I went with the TT: no IMS issue and I’ve seen many with 200k plus miles.

1 hour ago, HDA said:

Note on the 997 (and base 996) cars, especially on track: I am super paranoid on the IMS issue.

i think if the car has high mileage and is driven on the street you are ok, but the moment you take it on track...

that’s why I went with the TT: no IMS issue and I’ve seen many with 200k plus miles.

Makes sense, the GT1 block is definitely robust.

Fact: I miss driving my PEC (996TT) more than the beetle (964)

14 minutes ago, HDA said:

Fact: I miss driving my PEC (996TT) more than the beetle (964)

But do you miss the NSX at all? I still love it every time I fire it up and go.

8 minutes ago, robertcope said:

But do you miss the NSX at all? I still love it every time I fire it up and go.

I do not. Me and the NSX never connected. As much as it was a dream car for me, since I was a kid, when I had it we never really bonded. The AP2 was a much stronger bond and I do miss my old S2000

On 6/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, HDA said:

The IMS is overblown, there is a long term well working fix for it. Can be fixed for about $1000 if you do it you self or a little more for a shop to do it.

They even have a permanent fix for, but it's a little more costly.

My wife calls them "Girl Cars" LOL

So, discussed it with a buddy who owns a p-car prep shop.....he was like: "Hey, sweetie, it's a Hairdresser car!!! Get it right! Snap!!" 😂

Either way - I don't care (but my hair looks fab!!)....drive the wheels off of it!!

On 7/15/2019 at 9:37 PM, Captain Buddha said:

My wife calls them "Girl Cars" LOL

So, discussed it with a buddy who owns a p-car prep shop.....he was like: "Hey, sweetie, it's a Hairdresser car!!! Get it right! Snap!!" 😂

Either way - I don't care (but my hair looks fab!!)....drive the wheels off of it!!

Oh wow, I didn't know.

I think your buddy may be overpaying his hairdresser though 

On 7/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, turbogrill said:

The IMS is overblown, there is a long term well working fix for it. Can be fixed for about $1000 if you do it you self or a little more for a shop to do it.

They even have a permanent fix for, but it's a little more costly.

I know it can be fixed, post 08 cars are less affected, etc. 

When I look it was a $3000 deal to have a shop do the temporary fix. I think the 997 S is a FANTASTIC car.