45 minutes ago, clifton23 said:

Can’t tell if this is a compliment or dig at us BMW owners.......

It is, Cliff. It most certainly is 😉

Can't be accurate, all I see are normal hand tools, not a BMW Special Tool 1986434585982304 in sight.

14 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

It is, Cliff. It most certainly is 😉

I mean, you could look at it two ways.

1. BMW owners are smart enough to get in the guts and make things better.  (improving the hospital bed) While Merc owners don't have the slightest clue and just sit there looking at animal picture in a magazine.

2. BMW owners are always in the guts because shits always breaking.

Yes sir - that is what they meant ! (If not totally clear, my ambiguity was  intentional both times...but on the other hand...VANOS, cough...Vanos...:) )

Having worked on both cars; the image holds true. BMW's require more care; but ultimately my cup of tea due to the "driver feel".

19 hours ago, N546RV said:

Can't be accurate, all I see are normal hand tools, not a BMW Special Tool 1986434585982304 in sight.

but he has the hacksaw, impact wrench, and BFH . . . and those are what I seem to use most often on mine.

8 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Yes sir - that is what they meant ! (If not totally clear, my ambiguity was  intentional both times...but on the other hand...VANOS, cough...Vanos...:) )

Don’t think it is Vanos after all.  Find out soon.  New headers and catless midpipe arrive Monday.  

39 minutes ago, clifton23 said:

Don’t think it is Vanos after all.  Find out soon.  New headers and catless midpipe arrive Monday.  

That's right, thinking it was the cats. But why did everyone's mind run to VANOS first :)?

On 5/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, joesurf79 said:

That's right, thinking it was the cats. But why did everyone's mind run to VANOS first :)?

Because it’s known to grenade itself. 

#threadhijack