Sign in to follow this  
Rev

First Crush - '85 911 Carrera Coupe

After a lifetime of wishing and a year of researching and scouring the forums, I'm grateful to introduce my new ride: an ‘85 911 Carrera Coupe in Prussian blue with 119k miles purchased from a retired Porsche mechanic. This was the car I fell in love with 30 years ago when I first became aware of sports cars. Grateful for the opportunity to own it. Many projects and country drives ahead! First up... AC! Also needs new rear tires, some bulbs replaced, paint detail, seat electric switch fixed, brake fluid flush... lots of fun stuff!

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

List of major work done by previous owners

The car came with extensive records back to new. It's been well maintained over the years. Here's a list of recent major maintenance:

• Transmission totally rebuilt 40k miles ago - new synchros, dog teeth, clutch, flywheel resurfaced
  • Engine: New engine and trans mounts, new axles, Wevo shift coupler, new shifter linkages, Steve Wong performance chip installed, New engine position and reference sensors, CHT sensor, fresh valve adjustment and turbo valve covers, new valve gaskets, new wires, injectors
  • Suspension/wheels/tires/brakes: New rotors, pads, brake hoses, new Bilstein front and rear shocks, new front ball joints, spring plate bushings, front and rear wheel bearings, front and rear Elephant swing arm and front A frame bushings, turbo tie rods, 22 MM sway bars front (slightly stiffer), lowered slightly, new tires, alignment
  • Exterior: H4 headlights and relays, re-gasketed seals on both front and rear windows, engine compartment lid, front spoiler, lower rocker panels repainted
  • Interior: 993 front seats, recovered dash, headliner replaced, sunroof rebuilt

Congratulations! Every TJ needs to own a Porker at one point. 

4 hours ago, IanIsInGarage said:

What a clean example!  Those kids look older than I thought would fit in those back seats.

They wouldn’t be comfortable for a long trip back there, but they actually LOVED a quick blast around town with windows and sunroof open. For reference, they’re 9 (twins) and my daughter (tallest) is 4’10”.