Sign in to follow this  
Talley

initial car inspection prior to events

I was curious since I just got my car if I had any opportunity to bring the car to someone who would inspect the car and let me know if there is anything needing to be done and/or be replaced prior to me going to these events.  The car was setup as a open track by my uncle in Indiana but want to be sure that everything was OK before I get into the HPDE events.

Any suggestions on this?

Where are you located?

Which track are you going to? And what organization are you running with?

MSR Cresson and MSR Houston both have on site shops which can do a formal tech inspection for you.

If you're in the Houston area, check out Track Time Performance up on the northwest side of town. Steve and crew will get you inspected (for an extremely reasonable price) and handle any issues that might come up now or in the future.

And if you're in DFW, check out GSPEED, on site at MSR Cresson.

Thanks for all the responses.  I'm in Houston so MSR would be the track of choice and perhaps visits to COTA.

I'll run with any organization that offers HDPE type events.  Just looking to get started with my car.

Which side of Houston?  there are multiple shops in the area I can recommend.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:47 PM, Matt93SE said:

Which side of Houston?  there are multiple shops in the area I can recommend.

Sorry work has swamped me.  

I'm in the Humble/Atascocita/Kingwood area.

12 hours ago, Talley said:

Sorry work has swamped me.  

I'm in the Humble/Atascocita/Kingwood area.

I'm in the same area.  I'm also pretty familiar with Mustangs.  

10 hours ago, blk96gt said:

I'm in the same area.  I'm also pretty familiar with Mustangs.  

Are you familiar with the current requirements and such?  I know for  novice group I have to have matching seats so my racing seat for the driver side will have to come out and the original go back in.  My harnesses were dated March 04'  Not sure if that will be an issue or not, they are clean still look new.  

11 hours ago, Talley said:

Are you familiar with the current requirements and such?  I know for  novice group I have to have matching seats so my racing seat for the driver side will have to come out and the original go back in.  My harnesses were dated March 04'  Not sure if that will be an issue or not, they are clean still look new.  

I don't know of a DE group that requires current harnesses.  As long as the belts are in good condition they generally don't care.

Awesome Z (281-219-0015) is at 59 just north of Little York.

They're a Nissan/Datsun specialty shop, but can competently work on most anything like this.  The owner is retired racer and they do all kinds of track prep and inspection work as well as repair, mod, maintenance, custom Nissan builds, etc..

regarding the seat, most orgs don't require the SAME seat, but they require similar gear from a safety standpoint.  i.e. if you have a caged car and a containment seat w/ 6pt harness, don't show up to a DE with stock passenger seat and 3pt belt on the other side.  You need at least a "racing seat" and harness.    But you don't necessarily need the exact same seat on both sides of the car.