Hollywood

2020 Toyota GR Supra

I'm not in financial boat (nor will I ever buy a brand new car); but my opinion is I think it's a winner for others. If I were buying a two seater though; screw Automatic. If this was a 2+2 setup then maybe because I could justify the extra uses I could get out of it. This engine has been proven on BMW for easy big HP; I bet it'll be less than a year after release we see 400-500hp pretty easily.

From zero to messerschmitt ... ugh I dunno man.  Something doesn't quite feel right about it, but I suppose at the end of the day I care more about the overall performance capability.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:03 AM, HDA said:

I like it. The looks I mean.

I do not desire it but I also don’t think they built it for a late 30s family guy.

50k is quite some money and today for that number, beside used German beetle junk, there are used options like the M2, 718, M4, C7 GS (I could have stopped here).

the success of this car will depend by:

• how much can it be modded by jdm fanboys 
  • how conservative where the hp figures
  • how much ass it kicks on track.

I hate to be right all the times so annoying!!!

It's less a question of whether or not the Supra's 335-hp inline-six is underrated, and more about how much. 

The Supra sold its soul to BMW. 

It looks like another Predator from Toyota/Lexus. 

It yearns for a PDK tranny. 

There. I said it. 

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, HDA said:

I also find amusing how both Toyota and BMW talk about "fine tuning differences" that somehow make the cars "feel different" thanks to some supposed and not disclosed "chassis tuning".

Most of the times it comes down to one having a thicker anti roll bar than the other. THey look very different at least, which is good enough.

Here's an article that discusses the Supra vs Z4 suspension given Toyota's claim that it was developed in isolation. Basically HDA is right (again)...its a bit of a stretch for Toyota to be making that claim. The Supra is essentially a Z4 3.0 with a few pieces from the Z4 M4.0, with the only real differences being the front lower control arm to achieve slightly more aggressive alignment, adaptive damper tuning **SPECULATION ALERT** and steering rack programming **SPECULATION ALERT**

So its still very much a Z4 in mind and spirit.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/05/16/2020-toyota-supra-suspension-share-bmw-z4?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Daily_News_Monday_May_20

Sadly, in modern cars "fine tuning differences" are going to be 98% electronic.  Throttle mapping, ECU tables, TC and ESC logic, forced decel pops and bangs (getting real old, BMW. At least have them vary in quantity or something), etc.  Pretty much different routes to get to the same destination, and therefore have a different feel along the way.