V6Donut

NASA @ HALLET JUNE 8-9 2019

I may go up to Hallett next weekend for the first time for a HPDE.  Do you guys typically stay in Stillwater or west Tulsa or where?  Name of hotel(s) preferred?  Also, I hear the track sells 93 for $4.50/gallon.  Any place off track with 92 or 93 close by?  Have a great event this weekend.

Also, do they have on site showers?  Thanks.

Showers on site, yes.  think state park campground showers.   then again, think of the whole track as a state park campground where you're hanging out with old friends, and you'll get the atmosphere of Hallett pretty quick.

Sand Springs is the first decent size town East of the track, and it's about 30-40 minutes away.  there are decent restaurants there, but downtown Tulsa isn't much farther and has much better food if you want to go somewhere in the evening.  usually I'm physically spent and just want a shower, a sammich, and sleep by end of the day.

When I go, I usually stay in a $30/night 1/2-star roadside motel in Mannford, which is about 20min southeast of the track.  Dad always books the room, but google maps shows it to be Keystone Lake Motel..  Freddie's Steak House is about 5 miles east of that and has good food with a nice view of Keystone lake.  the motel room is just large enough for two people and a change of clothes, but it's clean enough for a track guy and it's CHEAP.  voila! 🙂

Regarding 93 octane, there is nothing in the area at the pumps.  OK simply doesn't sell 93 in the area anymore-- 91 no ethanol is the max you can find at local stations.  not sure exactly what they sell at the tracks, but you can always mix a shot of unleaded race gas in with pump gas and use magic calculator to get to 93 octane.   (Note, you cannot do that with leaded race gas as they don't some out the same.  mixing 50% each of 90 and 100 octane leaded doesn't get you 95...  don't know how or why, I just know that much from an old racer friend.)

Update..  Dad confirmed they have 93, 98, and 110 at the pump.  (He lives near there and races their COMMA series regularly...)

no idea if it's got ethanol or not.  I asked, and dad's reply was 'track rule is no alcohol consumption until track is cold'.   butthead.

Have to work now Friday and into part of the weekend.  Will try for the October event.

I really do love that track.   It's a haul to get there but its worth it. 

Also the slip n slide is a lot of fun.     

5 hours ago, lobster said:

Also the slip n slide is a lot of fun.     

is that what you call sexy time with Chase?

7 hours ago, V6Donut said:

such a rad track, I cant wait to go back 

I would like to lift the design and install it in the Hempstead, TX area.

I'll be up there this weekend for SM in COMMA. I stay in Sand Springs at the Magnuson (the old Best Western). I found you can book it for less at https://www.agoda.com/. The Hampton has started reserving more on your card than your booking amount and the Holiday Inn express doesn't put breakfast out early enough to get to the track on time.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:31 PM, Thundermoose said:

is that what you call sexy time with Chase?

😍 that is the secret code word yes. May I expect a call from you in the future? 

On 6/25/2019 at 1:30 PM, V6Donut said:

😍 that is the secret code word yes. May I expect a call from you in the future? 

I've been calling you for you months.  I must have the wrong number.

For the record, Victorian Inn in Clevelnd is where i stay. 15 ish minutes from track, clean, late check in, works for me.

For eating- idk how people miss this but Mugsy's Grubhouse is an absolute must.  Solid steaks at decent prices. 20minutes and change away.