Sign in to follow this  
BigMonkey73

My Tow Vehicle - Leroy Brown

2019 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab Texas Edition w/Max Tow Package. Also had the dealer add some leather seat covers vs. the cloth.

This thing is massive! I would have gone with a regular cab, but those are only available with long beds and the low end trims.

Got $6,500 worth of incentives and I managed to not accept any finance add-ons except for the gap insurance. This is only my second new vehicle ever. Probably would have made sense to buy used, but I lose all sensibility with cars...and here I am.

I chose brown because it is the most unique color and it reminded me of an F-150 double cab my father used to own when I was very young. I wonder if the sales guy was secretly laughing at my color choice because I kept telling him I really liked how the black looked but I wasn't going to do it because I would hate myself immediately after every wash. This color may not be too much better, I'll find out soon enough I suppose.

It's going to remain mostly stock, but there are a few things here and there I want to do like Xpel to protect against rock chips, tonneau cover, bed mat, and a dash cam. Down the road possibly an audio upgrade..this system is not very good.

Day01-1.jpg

Day01-2.jpg

Day01-3.jpg

Day01-6.jpg

I dig the truck! That's the exact truck I'd spec out, but I'd pick blue. Every time I think about replacing my my 2010 (which is at 153k miles) I'm reminded it still runs like a champ and was long ago paid for.

The max trailer tow package comes with an integrated trailer brake controller, right?

That's a huge bitch!!

Congrats on the ride!  very shiny!

I dread the day my 7.3 Powerstroke needs to be replaced.  it's ugly and slow, but it'll pull a house and is pretty damn reliable.

Sweet!  I’m getting the itch to upgrade my tow toy and I’m just amazed at how expensive trucks have gotten the last 10 years or so. The only new truck I’ve ever bought was a 99 RAM 4X4 SLT and I got out the door under $20K. Now I’m gonna be lucky to stay under $50K for similar. 

On 5/10/2019 at 12:54 PM, joesurf79 said:

I dig the truck! That's the exact truck I'd spec out, but I'd pick blue. Every time I think about replacing my my 2010 (which is at 153k miles) I'm reminded it still runs like a champ and was long ago paid for.

The max trailer tow package comes with an integrated trailer brake controller, right?

Yep, sure does!

I had also picked out a blue one before I went. When I saw it in person, however, I quickly started looking for another color. I was hoping it would match my car a little..but the night sky blue or whatever its called has more of a green tint to it than I liked..a little teal maybe. I dunno, I was just immediately turned off by it.

7 hours ago, BobKid said:

Sweet!  I’m getting the itch to upgrade my tow toy and I’m just amazed at how expensive trucks have gotten the last 10 years or so. The only new truck I’ve ever bought was a 99 RAM 4X4 SLT and I got out the door under $20K. Now I’m gonna be lucky to stay under $50K for similar. 

Same. The only other new car purchase I was referring to was a 2003 Dodge Ram regular cab. Got it for like $19K I think off the show room floor.

Spending this much was never my plan, but ...   #racecarlife

14 hours ago, BobKid said:

Yup - when I started the long journey that ended with my truck purchase last year, I pretty quickly concluded that I wasn't going to be buying anything new. I ended up with a 2015 Silverado with 55k or so miles, and even that ran me around $30k. I did end up getting one that was a little nicer than I planned on - I was shopping lower-ish trims with cloth seats, but ended up with an LTZ with leather.

I definitely understand the whole "massive" comment. After daily driving my 335i for 4+ years, a 4x4 crew cab Silverado was a bit of an adjustment. I'm mostly used to it now, though having to kind of plan ahead when it comes to parking is still a thing. What sucks is if I drive it to work I can't even park in my regular deck, the overhead is too low. I have to go to a special oversize lot. Fortunately I rarely drive to work (I'm a bus commuter) so it's not a huge deal.

Now that I'm used to the truck, when I get in the Bimmer I feel like I'm in a go-kart. 😄